Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ Signature CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Bank Cash+ Signature CLI!

I had seen a few comments on here that Cash+ cardholders had automatic credit limit increases on their ninth statement.

I’ve been carrying a balance on the card since it has the intro zero APR. However, knowing that my ninth statement was coming up, I paid as much as I could toward the balance (down to 7%) before the statement was going to be cut. My overall credit utilization was also below 10%.

I checked out the app this week, and YES! They increased my credit limit by $2500 on my ninth statement, from $5000 to $7500!

The card has been great so far! I’ve been earning cash back on my cell phone bill, gas at Costco, and now streaming services.

I’ve also had recent CLIs on my Savor ($3000), Double Cash ($1500), and Discover it ($3600). I wish Chase and Uber would do the same someday soon...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ Signature CLI!

Congrats on The Auto CLI, You are Doing Great!!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 I wish Chase and Uber would do the same someday soon...

You knwo they say wish in one hand and ______ in the other... 

Chase tends to be stingier than Barclays when it comes down to it.  If you're using them regularly though it shouldn't be much of an issue with time.  If you already have higher limits with either then I wouldn't really count on it being an option.

Message 3 of 11
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had seen a few comments on here that Cash+ cardholders had automatic credit limit increases on their ninth statement.

I’ve been carrying a balance on the card since it has the intro zero APR. However, knowing that my ninth statement was coming up, I paid as much as I could toward the balance (down to 7%) before the statement was going to be cut. My overall credit utilization was also below 10%.

I checked out the app this week, and YES! They increased my credit limit by $2500 on my ninth statement, from $5000 to $7500!

The card has been great so far! I’ve been earning cash back on my cell phone bill, gas at Costco, and now streaming services.

I’ve also had recent CLIs on my Savor ($3000), Double Cash ($1500), and Discover it ($3600). I wish Chase and Uber would do the same someday soon...

My Cash+ is 18 months old never had a auto increase i think it's a YMMV type thing.

Message 4 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the big increase! I never had such luck when I had mine lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Chase is tricky. That said, I utilize the crap out of my Chase cards and that seems to lead to an auto cli every 6-9 months or so. Then again, they also started me reasonably low on all of them and grew as time went on.
Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 👌
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats on the big increase! I never had such luck when I had mine lol 

You need to ply them with "kindness" as they may be old school yet ... Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can never get a CLI on that card LOL.  they would rather give me a NEW card, as they did recently with a 4x SL than give me $1 on the cash +, go figure.  congrats on your CLI

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.