Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFCU - University Federal Credit Union ATX

tag
kekrre
Contributor

Re: UFCU - University Federal Credit Union ATX

I spoke with someone the other day at UFCU and she confirmed for me what has been reported elsewhere on MyFico -- that a score above 740 qualifies for their best rates, and presumably their second tier starts somewhere around 690-710. She also informed me that one could request one rate change on their auto loan, so if one was around a 720 or so and knew that they would be at 740 in a few months, they could presumably take out the loan and reduce their interest rate a couple of months in.

On the other hand, their phone app is pretty barebones and I can't add them to my USAA dashboard.

OP, do you mind sharing your rough income (both for the Great Rate Card app and the recent Rewards Card/CLI app)? There's not a lot of information on this lender, and I'm curious how liberal/conservative they are with limits/income.

Also, their rewards card is 2 points per dollar. Do you know what kind of redemption value you can get for their points?

|||||||
Message 11 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Bolt78748 wrote:

This credit union is awesome!!! They're my #1 lender with Penfed being #2. They pull Experian and if you don't qualify to join you can just pay the $5 fee to make a donation and you're in. When I first opened my checking acct with them over 2 years ago they told me I was pre-approved for a vehicle loan when my experian fico score was in the 650s. I told them I'd consider and let them know. I called back asking If i applied for the great rate card if they'd use the same pull from earlier. They said yes, they use the same one if it's within 30 days. I was approved for $5,000 I just had to open a checking account and deposit $500. I originally only opened up a savings acct. I made the deposit and recieved my card a few days later. I was able to pull my $500 right away. I called a few days later and asked about the ploc and was approved for another $5k Smiley Happy I now have my scores in the 690s and I asked for a CLI to $15k was approved and asked for the rewards card $15k and approved Smiley Happy They don't give instant approvals and with what's going on it takes a few days for them to process the app. The credit line increase took 3 business days. 

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the information. Sounds like a great institution.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 16
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing the information, I have thought about joining a local CU for a while.  Their auto rates do look very competitive.  Glad to hear that they are providing good service and making lending easy.  

Message 13 of 16
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Being in ATX, I hear good things about them. I didn't join because I didn't want a HP. Glad they are working out for you. 

Message 14 of 16
Bolt78748
Valued Member

income is in the $300s and I'll see what I can find out about the redemption value. I'll keep you posted. 

Message 15 of 16
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI and new rewards CC approval!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.