Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNFCU Visa Elite CLI Approved $85,000 > $100,000

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: UNFCU Visa Elite CLI Approved $85,000 > $100,000

I'm 5 months late on this, but huge congratulations!  I must have been avoiding the temptation over here while gardening.

Two questions:

a.) I notice you have 2 other cards with them.  What is your overall CC exposure with them, and do they have hard limits per card/customer?

b.) I also couldn't help but notice that you had 6 points expiring.  Were you are able to use these at some point since September or did you forfeit them?

Message 81 of 92
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I'm 5 months late on this, but huge congratulations!  I must have been avoiding the temptation over here while gardening.

Two questions:

a.) I notice you have 2 other cards with them.  What is your overall CC exposure with them, and do they have hard limits per card/customer?

b.) I also couldn't help but notice that you had 6 points expiring.  Were you are able to use these at some point since September or did you forfeit them?

Hey @K-in-Boston 

The overall exposure (to my understanding) is $100K.  The UNA-USA product was discontinued and it was auto-PC'd to the Azure.  When I had applied for the CLI, the conditional approval relied on me closing Azure ($10K) as they no longer permitted individuals having 2 separate CC products (I was grandfathered under their old UW policy).   The dashboard displayed the 3 CCs for at least a month until they went *poof* and only the Elite remained.

And, I forfeited those poor, lonely 6 points Smiley Tongue

Message 82 of 92
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your outstanding CLI!

Message 83 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations indeed! Well done!
Message 84 of 92
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I've had the UNFCU Visa Elite since the end of 2015 (originally approved for $70K), and over the years it has received 2 auto-CLIs to $85K where it sat until recently.  So, I figured I'd 'spin the wheel' and see whether the max CL ($100K) could be achieved Smiley Embarassed.  

I submitted the request via phone a couple weeks ago and it was approved sometime today.  It is a very, very slow review process and the phone application took roughly ~25 minutes.  POI was requested/submitted (2 years T/R + bank statements).  HP on EX.  Needless to say, for as conservative as they are, they had no issue with approving the CLI...well, 2 weeks later Smiley Tongue

UNFCU Elite CLI.jpg

UNFCU Elite CLI2.jpgDon't know how I missed this but WTG @FinStar !!! What a great story!!! Congratulations on all that success!!

Cheers

Message 85 of 92
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations indeed! Well done!

Thanks @Anonymous 😁

Message 86 of 92
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UH_HUH wrote:
 Don't know how I missed this but WTG @FinStar !!! What a great story!!! Congratulations on all that success!!

Cheers

Thanks so much @UH_HUH.  Well, sometimes threads get buried, but some of them eventually are brought back to life 😉

Message 87 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

well well that's above elite standards!!! 6 figs that's impressive, Credit Approvals is my favorite section of the forums. I read this threads and is like getting so excited for every approval I feel is mine lol Congrats..
Message 88 of 92
asterix
Established Member

@FinStar - 

"When using the card to purchase airline tickets, UNFCU will pay for up to 5 PPS visits per year."

PPS issues a separate card. So how is it ensured at the Lounge entry that the trip expense was paid by UNFCU Elite or some other card?

It is extremely hard to earn points on the UNFCU Elite. So I am wondering if it is possible to charge the trip to a different card (which has some travel rewards) and use the Elite only for lounge access. Is that possible? 

Message 89 of 92
gen_zod
New Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I've had the UNFCU Visa Elite since the end of 2015 (originally approved for $70K), and over the years it has received 2 auto-CLIs to $85K where it sat until recently.  So, I figured I'd 'spin the wheel' and see whether the max CL ($100K) could be achieved Smiley Embarassed.  

I submitted the request via phone a couple weeks ago and it was approved sometime today.  It is a very, very slow review process and the phone application took roughly ~25 minutes.  POI was requested/submitted (2 years T/R + bank statements).  HP on EX.  Needless to say, for as conservative as they are, they had no issue with approving the CLI...well, 2 weeks later Smiley Tongue

UNFCU Elite CLI.jpg

UNFCU Elite CLI2.jpg

A belated congratulations to you sir! I came across this thread about UNFCU today. I've been conducting research on them. Not a lot of DPs about them on MyFico. My membership application was approved today. And I will begin my long journey with them. Strongly considering closing my PenFed account now. Thanks for sharing!! 

Message 90 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.