cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE:$16000 Synovus cash rewards approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:$16000 Synovus cash rewards approval.

In a nut shell:

- Went into a branch
- ID verified but needed to verify current address since its different from what I have on my DL. Left the branch.
- Emailed the bank rep with copies of my bank statement from another bank as proof of current address.
- Received a phone from bank rep requesting permisson to go ahead and process the application for me over the phone. I agreed.
- Asked for basic credit card app information. name,job information, mothers maiden name, income amount etc
- Came back as approved but she couldnt see 

I have to go into the bank later to sign a few documents relating to the app and Im hoping they'll have a SL for me then.
Ive heard that they pull EQ which is my highest FICO 8 score so  I'm expecting a reasonably high SL as a result.

I'll provide an update later once I have all the details.

UPDATE (03/19/2019) - They want me to bring in my DL, SS card, proof of address and a paystub. The CSR who's been processing my app said it might have something to do with the fraud alert I had on my EX and EQ files  when I applied. According to them, the status of the account is currently 'SUSPENDED' until they can verify my information. Still no SL.

UPDATE: 03/22/2019 - SL is $16,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Synovus cash rewards approval.

Congratulations on your approval

Message 2 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! Somebody else recently got a great SL on this one. Hopefully you have the same luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 5 of 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In a nut shell:

- Went into a branch

- ID verified but needed to verify current address since its different from what I have on my DL. Left the branch.

- Emailed the bank rep with copies of my bank statement from another bank as proof of current address.

- Received a phone from bank rep requesting permisson to go ahead and process the application for me over the phone. I agreed.

- Asked for basic credit card app information. name,job information, mothers maiden name, income amount etc

- Came back as approved but she couldnt see 

I have to go into the bank later to sign a few documents relating to the app and Im hoping they'll have a SL for me then.

Ive heard that they pull EQ which is my highest FICO 8 score so  I'm expecting a reasonably high SL as a result.

I'll provide an update later once I have all the details.

Another victim falls prey to the Synovus Spell! Smiley Very Happy

Nice Snag and Congrats on the Approval! your EQ F8 is just 1 point lower than mine so you could get similar results. There aren't many data points on this bank (at least from the last 12 months) so when you find out let us know -- I'm a huge data nerd when it comes to this stuff Smiley LOL

What's keeping your EX/TU scores so much lower than your EQ? Do you have a split EQ profile or maybe a public record on the other two that EQ doesn't have? I had an EQ split profile a few years ago and had wide margins like that, but looks like your EQ is working to your favor. 

Message 6 of 8
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted StudiosCONGRATS on the Approval!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.