Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE (30 Oct): Been Quiet Lately

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Been Quiet Lately

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on blispay.. considering the hassle it took to get it might as well keep it!

Thanks.  Must admit that part of the reason to get it was the potential for a hidden tradeline and I thought I should wait until September to see if it would, but couldn't. Still has utility for me, so think it will be a keeper.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 11 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats on the recent additions and CLIs, BigBS!  screamer.gif

I'll send good vibes your way for your Marriott app... based on your other conquests, I suspect you'll hear good news from them soon as well!

Regarding Blispay, I understand completely how you are annoyed with them - I would be as well.  IMO, the best way to 'get back' at them is to "make 'em pay"... and by that I mean cash rewards.  You've got the card now (and a nice CL at that) so if I were you I would use it at every opportunity to make them literally pay for the frustration they put you through.  That's what I always do whenever a lender annoys me, I make sure they get no interest, and I "make 'em pay!"  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Huge congrats on the recent additions and CLIs, BigBS!  screamer.gif

I'll send good vibes your way for your Marriott app... based on your other conquests, I suspect you'll hear good news from them soon as well!

Regarding Blispay, I understand completely how you are annoyed with them - I would be as well.  IMO, the best way to 'get back' at them is to "make 'em pay"... and by that I mean cash rewards.  You've got the card now (and a nice CL at that) so if I were you I would use it at every opportunity to make them literally pay for the frustration they put you through.  That's what I always do whenever a lender annoys me, I make sure they get no interest, and I "make 'em pay!"  Smiley LOL

Great advice,  UncleB. I will have to put a plan together for that and work it in my daily spend rotation.

Message 13 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

UPDATE: Re: Been Quiet Lately

This morning the Chase robot lady told me something different when I called.  She said, "Thank you for applying.  Your application is under review.  You will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days of our decision."  Is that good or bad?  All my previous applications were instant approvals.  Should I have been hoping for 2 weeks instead of 7-10 days?

Message 14 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Re: Been Quiet Lately

Searched other threads and can't get a solid answer. Anyone have any thoughts?

Message 15 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BigBS wrote:

I'll defer to the Chase experts (I'm a recent addition to the Chase family) but if I recall correctly historically two weeks was preferable to 7-10 days... but I also recall seeing that lately people who get the once-dreaded 7-10 day message have many times turned into approvals, so the old 'rule' might be out the window.

That might be the reason you've not got more responses on that... I'm not sure there's a consensus any longer.

In any case, I'm still hopeful for an approval for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

I'll defer to the Chase experts (I'm a recent addition to the Chase family) but if I recall correctly historically two weeks was preferable to 7-10 days... but I also recall seeing that lately people who get the once-dreaded 7-10 day message have many times turned into approvals, so the old 'rule' might be out the window.

That might be the reason you've not got more responses on that... I'm not sure there's a consensus any longer.

Thanks Uncle B. Sounds like denial to me, so we'll see in 7-10 days.

Message 17 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BigBS wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

At one time I would agree... but it seems that now it can go either way.

However you've got an ace up your sleeve... or I should say, several aces... those would be your existing Chase accounts.  Smiley Wink

Even if you do get a denial, you can always call and recon based on your history with your existing accounts, and if the issue is your total exposure you might be able to request them to take come of the credit lines from your existing accounts to open the new one - Chase is known to do this (if that's something you're interested in). 

At the risk of sounding repetitious, I'm still hopeful!  Let us know what happens!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

At one time I would agree... but it seems that now it can go either way.

However you've got an ace up your sleeve... or I should say, several aces... those would be your existing Chase accounts.  Smiley Wink

Even if you do get a denial, you can always call and recon based on your history with your existing accounts, and if the issue is your total exposure you might be able to request them to take come of the credit lines from your existing accounts to open the new one - Chase is known to do this (if that's something you're interested in). 

At the risk of sounding repetitious, I'm still hopeful!  Let us know what happens!  Smiley Happy

Good point.  In the back of my mind I had given that consideration already, but like everyone was hoping for approval.  Plan B may come into effect, though.  Will let everyone know.  Thanks.

Message 19 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

I just want to say hang in there BS. I was in a similar situation with my Chase Hyatt app went straight to the 7-10 pending decision a couple days ago then called robo lady for status update converted to 7-10 days. Then called in again today and I was approved. This is my second chase app that went pending then eventaully approved. It looks like the odds are turing a bit when this happens.

Good Luck!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.