Did you mean: 

UPDATE: AMEX BCE APPROVAL!! RECON SUCCESS

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused by Amex Recon Process

@LilNYC wrote:

@ccb2115 wrote:

So instead of calling the executive office, I decided to email the SVP of New Accounts. Figured I'd give it a try. I stated my case and confusion.  So today, I got a call back from the executive office early this afternoon. 

The woman I spoke with was very nice and was prepared with answers to all of my concerns. She said she investigated the situation and was able to prove that I was told incorrect information regarding the hard pull. She said she will remove the hard inquiry and has already spoken to the employee that misinformed me. 

She explained to me why I was declined but was not able to explain why they had not used my August 7 report. She said the reason was probably because my report was exactly the same. I said that's not the case and the reason why I wanted my application manually reviewed in the first place. At this point I could sense that she was confused and didnt have an answer for me. She said if I would like she can soft pull and try again. She said she cannot guarantee approval, but if my report is different, she will just try it now. So she put me on hold and came back and said that the reason why I was declined again was because they soft me the 21st of every month. So they used an old report again and did not like what they saw, so they really didn't factor in the hard pulled report.  So she said since tomorrow is the 21st she will try again for me and call me back with the results. 

It's great that you finally got some answers and that at the very least they removed the hard inquiry. You might want to try changing your cc due dates so that the best possible util is reflected on reports pulled on the 21st? Hope they approve you in the end. I requested a recon last Monday & was just approved an hr ago so you never know.

Keep us posted...

Congrats on your approval!

Is it that easy to change payment due dates? I know I am able to change the date on my Citi, but I am not sure about Discover and Barclays. Anywho, yeah it was nice to finally speak to someone who had some answers. I really had no expectations going into the call. I just wanted to know what happened with the report they pulled, and why was it not used during the manual review. She pretty muched answered all of my questions. Getting the inquiry knocked off was certaintly a plus, and having her offer to review everything again (with no hard inq) once they soft my updated report is an even bigger plus. App status is "In Progress". We will see.  

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 11 of 27
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused by Amex Recon Process

My status had been "In Progress" for almost two weeks, and now says Approved!!!! I was in correspondence with a very nice lady from in the Executive Referrals Dept. about the process and she kept apologizing telling me that for some odd reason, the manual reviewers had not updated her with an answer yet. I called again today and she said they still had not updated her with any decisions, but that she would push back on them today for an answer and would give me a call by the end of the day. I told her that it's been almost a month since I applied so maybe it would just be easier to cancel the app and reapply on the 30th. She said I could do that, but she wanted me to hold on a bit longer, at least until the end of the day, to see if they would have an answer by then. She did not call me before the end of the day, but I just checked my status and it says Approved!! I'm so happy! My first Amex Revolver!! 

Message 12 of 27
LilNYC
New Contributor

Re: UPDATE 2: APPROVED!RECON SUCCESS!! Confused by Amex Recon Process

CONGRATS!!! Call the automated num to find out what your CL is. this is the 3rd successful amex recon (including mine) that I've seen on this forum in the past week or so. Glad your persistence paid off. You should try & get your BCE overnighted. Also curious as to what your apr is after the promo period ends. mine is 17.24, the lowest for the card, which is dirty of ironic considering that they denied me for the card initially. I'm betting they give you 17.24 as well.
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 13 of 27
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Were you able to get yours overnighted? 

Message 14 of 27
LilNYC
New Contributor

No but I didn't try calling the exec office. I know others on this sure were able to. I suggested it because it took two weeks for your recon to go thru & you applied almost a month ago plus you have been in contact with the exec office already. right after I was approved I called a few diff amex numbers to try & get my card overnighted but each csr I spoke with transferred me to a diff dept & then those reps told me they don't handle that & that I was transferred to the wrong dept. I got fed up & decided to just wait 5 days for my card. But if you call the exec office & speak with the woman who's been overseeing your recon, you'll prob be able to hey it overnighted.
Please excuse typos as I'm writing this on my phone.
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 15 of 27
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Just called and checked. My CL is 1,000. Womp womp. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I read on here that they usually give out 1,000 CL's if you were borderline, or approved after a Recon. I do have a ton of inquires on EX and a CO from 2008, so I shouldn't complain at all. I will treat this card like a new child. 

Message 16 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

you make me wanna apply so freakin bad but too bad im in garden right now ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ccb! I've been watching this thread and hoping for the best. Your persistence (and frustrations!!!!) paid off! 

Message 18 of 27
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATE: AMEX BCE APPROVAL!! RECON SUCCESS

Contrary to popular belief you can recon AMEX....I was persitant and got my father an AMEX after several calls

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 19 of 27
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@LilNYC wrote:
No but I didn't try calling the exec office. I know others on this sure were able to. I suggested it because it took two weeks for your recon to go thru & you applied almost a month ago plus you have been in contact with the exec office already. right after I was approved I called a few diff amex numbers to try & get my card overnighted but each csr I spoke with transferred me to a diff dept & then those reps told me they don't handle that & that I was transferred to the wrong dept. I got fed up & decided to just wait 5 days for my card. But if you call the exec office & speak with the woman who's been overseeing your recon, you'll prob be able to hey it overnighted.
Please excuse typos as I'm writing this on my phone.

Awesome. The card was overnighted to me. I didn't have to ask. I just looked and my my APR is also 17.24

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.