cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: APPROVED - Citi Pre-Qualify turned 7-10 day message. Recon?

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

UPDATE: APPROVED - Citi Pre-Qualify turned 7-10 day message. Recon?

I've been receiving letters from Citi for 6 months now with pre-approval offers for the Double Cash. I have no use for that card as I already have a 2% cashback card in the PayPal MC. I've been wanting the Costco visa and eying the Simplicity+ however, as I do make a lot of small purchases here and there and I like the rewards roundup. When Simplicity came back as pre-qualified, I decided to just pull the trigger and got the much dreaded 7-10 day message.

If denied, anyone have any luck with Citi and recon? They pulled both EX and EQ, and I'd hate to have wasted two HPs.

EX is 679, util. at 22%, 5 inq and one baddie (120 day late from two years ago).

EQ is 679, util. at 22%, 0 inq and one baddie (paid collection from two years ago).

AAoA is only 1 year and 3 months.

Never burned Citi.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Pre-Qualify turned 7-10 day message. Recon?

Unfortunately, Citi is not really known for overturning denials. I would wait and see what the denial letter says (if it's a denial and not just a verification thing), but more often than not with Citi you just have to wait and try again later.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 7-10 message on the Citi premier with 1 yr 2 months aaoa. But my score was higher. I got an email 3 days later being approved.
Message 3 of 10
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for replying. I eventually got a denial letter in the mail. The letter said they couldn't verify some of the information provided. I called the EO number 605-331-1698 and got a rep almost immediately. She asked me a few questions and then approved me!

Bad news is, I'm a bit disappointed with the SL - It's $1,000, but will hopefully grow. I've been wanting an in w/ Citi so I'm not complaining.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 4 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Bam!Bam!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, glad it worked out!

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: UPDATE: APPROVED - Citi Pre-Qualify turned 7-10 day message. Recon?

Congrats on your new card 

Message 7 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: UPDATE: APPROVED - Citi Pre-Qualify turned 7-10 day message. Recon?

Congrats on your approval

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use it they will give you increases. Congrats!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad news is, I'm a bit disappointed with the SL - It's $1,000, but will hopefully grow. I've been wanting an in w/ Citi so I'm not complaining.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.