Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Approved! - Chances of getting approved Care Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE* Approved! - Chances of getting approved Care Credit

Heey everyone! In trying to figure out the odds of getting approved by synchrony for care credit! Im currently gardening but I have five cards atm; I just increased my Amazon prime store card limit. Im not sure if this factors in to anything. I know Amazon account tells me their version of vantage for transunion and it sits at 681 but my actual trans fico 8 sits at 721. I know they only pull trans at least for me imI'not sure which score they'll pick but was wondering what limit i should ask for.?? I want to use it for my husbands much needed dental work; impacted wisdom teeth since we dontdohave any dental insurance.
My equifax score is 653 experian 648 both low because of medical debt I didnt know i had. Idk if this matters but i have in total 3,950 in credit and a balance of 500 split between three cards. Please let me know if iIshould wait till iIpay off everything or any tips or anything! Thank-you!!!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances of getting approved Care Credit

They're not a very conservative lender so I would imagine you'd have a pretty good shot at being approved. Obvi new accounts, inq, derogs, aaoa, income, etc could come into play so ymmv.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be good with your scores and profile. I was approved with similar scores for 5k.
Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Heey everyone! In trying to figure out the odds of getting approved by synchrony for care credit! Im currently gardening but I have five cards atm; I just increased my Amazon prime store card limit. Im not sure if this factors in to anything. I know Amazon account tells me their version of vantage for transunion and it sits at 681 but my actual trans fico 8 sits at 721. I know they only pull trans at least for me imI'not sure which score they'll pick but was wondering what limit  i should ask for.?? I want to use it for my husbands much needed dental work; impacted wisdom teeth since we dontdohave any dental insurance. 

My equifax score is 653 experian 648 both low because of medical debt I didnt know i had. Idk if this matters but i have in total 3,950 in credit and a balance of 500 split between three cards. Please let me know if iIshould wait till iIpay off everything or any tips or anything! Thank-you!!!

Welcome to myFICO Forum, Keep us posted if you apply.

Message 4 of 21
Under_Repairs
Valued Member

I think you'll be fine with the data you provided.  They were one of the first approvals I got towards the end of my Chapter 13 and my fico scores were very similar to yours at the time.  They approved me for an ICL of $3,000.  My wife needed some dental work done about 7 or 8 months after we got the card, and I'm sure we all know how much dental work costs, so I asked for a CLI and they approved it for a $7,000 CL.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Current FICO 8 Scores as of 2/13/2022

Current FICO 9 Scores as of 2/13/2022

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone! Thank-you for your responses!! I ended up applying today and got 5 grand!! I feel very lucky considering I've never had a line that high!

Message 6 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!🎉 This is just the beginning
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍
Message 9 of 21
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and thanks for following up!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.