Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* BCE APPROVED can I apply for a Delta Right away? BOTH APPROVED

tag
jkry
Valued Member

*UPDATE* BCE APPROVED can I apply for a Delta Right away? BOTH APPROVED

**Update**

I decided to app for the Delta Gold after reading LOTS of posts on double applications on the same day.  I was instantly approved for a 1000.00 SL on the Delta Gold card. : I apped for BCE this morning at 11:00 am; and second app was submitted at 7:30 pm    I could not find it anywhere whether or not I qualified for the current promotion with Delta.  I guess I will know when the cards arrive in 5 days.  Experian Risk Based Pricing came in at 641

Today Sunday 25th 2017 I used the Amex Prequal site, entered info and selected ravel Rewards as my interested type.   Prequal came back with Green, BCE and Everyday cards as prequaled.  The prequals came back with no special intro offers, and a set rate at the max 24.99   SAD.  Well,  I applied for the BCE and it was instantly appoved for $500 with credit steps for 6 months.  Im happy it was approved, because I want a "real Amex"  I have 1 Bank of Hawaii Amex, and a BBVA Compass NBA Amex already.   

Do I qualify for the 3XCLI with the steps program?  Will Amex decline me for a Delta card if I apply right away?  That was the card I really wanted but since it didnt come up, I assumed I would be declined..   Thank you all for your help.

Myfico 8 Exp 645

38% Utilization

52k income

18 Inq due to purchasing a car 10 months ago

8 New accounts in the past 24 months

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCE APPROVED can I apply for a Delta Right away?

Should be the same pull as far as I know.  I did the opposite.  Apped the Delta and was approved and then applied for BCE, but I was denied (I had a too recent missed payment for the BCE).  I only showed one pull on my reports.  You might as well see what happens.  I think the Delta is easier to get than the BCE if I remember correctly.

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like if you received credit steps (not familiar) you barely got approved and I wouldn't apply for another revolving account.

You could consider a Gold charge card though.

Message 3 of 10
jkry
Valued Member

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it, Upon reading LOTS of other posts on 2 applications in a day, I decided to go for the second application.   Other posts mentioned that more than likely 2 applications done on the same day would come with a single hard pull.  No alerts have been sent out as far as experian inquiries.  I was instantly approved for the Delta Gold with a 1,000 SL.  It did not say whether or not I qualified for the promo being offered right now.  It even gave me the option to have access to my card number instantly.  So long story long.... I was approved for both same day, and on a Sunday no less!!!  This forum has helped so much.   The risk based page said experian 641.

Message 4 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: *UPDATE* BCE APPROVED can I apply for a Delta Right away? BOTH APPROVED

Congrats! Sometimes it's worth taking a shot if it's a card you really want/need. I don't know the answer about steps and 3x CLI, but now at least you don't have that to worry about since I assume you'll ask for $3k on the Delta at the 61 day mark? Remember you can always move credit lines of AmEx revolvers around when you are logged into your account, so always ask for the CLI on the largest limit card!
Message 5 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yes, congrats on the 2-for-1!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked in your favor! Congrats! 

Message 7 of 10
jkry
Valued Member

Yes!!!  I am so excited.  These will become my everyday cards as I am trying to move away from WF.  I will request the 3x cli on day 61 for the Delta card... Just to clarify, (if youre aware), the CLI increase request should be made on day 61 of reported opened on CRA? Or request the 3x CLI on day 61 from approval?   I will keep reading the forums as well.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

From approval. Congrats super job and enjoy your 2 Amex cardsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As Joe said, from approval.  Amex can be slow to report new accounts to the CBs (seems to be 2nd or 3rd statement close in most cases), so it's actually possible 61 days from approval will come before you even see them on your reports.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.