Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE: CSP Approved ** - Chase Sapphire Reserve Green Check Mark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**UPDATE: CSP Approved ** - Chase Sapphire Reserve Green Check Mark

Why would Chase extend a CSR offer when I am 8/24? This is the first time the CSR has appeared in my offers, even after my spree. Chase is my main bank and I pay off all of my card through that account.

Update: ***
Thank you everyone for the assistance. I'm 9/9 with 7 months of credit history. I was approved for $5k CSP, even though I had a green check mark for CSR. I have 10 year relationship with Chase and they are my primary bank. This also marks $7,700 added in credit within the week.

I have also sent a secured message to have the card sent through expedited shipping. One question: how can you increase starting CL, say if I want to increase card to $10k to convert to CSR next year? Any recommendations!

Again, thank you. I'll be in the garden, if you need me.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Green Check Mark

They offers are based on marketing for those who meet the UW standards for whatever product it is.

Tons of people have been able to get around 5/24 through these offers.

Basically they are just marketing a card to you. Nothing special about that even though it does help you bypass 5/24.

While I do have a chase card simply because their rewards system is very valuable. I honestly don’t think there’s anything special about chase to write home about and they are a huge PITA to deal with if you ever have any issues they don’t like.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Green check mark offers (assuming you to a screen with one APR disclosed and just asking income) typically bypass 5/24. I got my CSP (now CSR) that way 1/1/17 when I was LOL/24.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:
They offers are based on marketing for those who meet the UW standards for whatever product it is.

Tons of people have been able to get around 5/24 through these offers.

Basically they are just marketing a card to you. Nothing special about that even though it does help you bypass 5/24.

While I do have a chase card simply because their rewards system is very valuable. I honestly don’t think there’s anything special about chase to write home about and they are a huge PITA to deal with if you ever have any issues they don’t like.

Thanks for the information. I like Chase b/c they are my primary. Also, my household has 45k UR Points and growing. Wouldn't mind accumulating 200k URs and solely using for vacation/travel. I prefer AMEX's SP system and CLIs. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Green check mark offers (assuming you to a screen with one APR disclosed and just asking income) typically bypass 5/24. I got my CSP (now CSR) that way 1/1/17 when I was LOL/24.

APR is single range for CSR and has always been for CSP. Only asking for income on the screen. Thank you for the info. I was not sure if it still bypassed anymore. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you gone on any sprees lately?
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In July, yes. One was a SP (AMEX PRG). One was an auto HP that I used to double dip (USAA). Discover was a HP, even though, I was pre-approved.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/3-Approvals-PRG-USAA-Discover-2-CLIs-ED-Citi/...
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you’re going for it, I’d go for it before the Amex reports. It looks like you don’t have much exposure with Chase so I don’t think there’ll be any blow back.

Happy Apping and good luck 🍀.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you’re going for it, I’d go for it before the Amex reports. It looks like you don’t have much exposure with Chase so I don’t think there’ll be any blow back.

Happy Apping and good luck 🍀.

Took your advice. But went for the CSP. Auto Approved for $5,000 at 8/24. Was hoping for more, but thanks for your luck. Also, got an increase on my Merrick $700 --> $1400. I guess, I should be happy because I only have 7 months of credit history. 

Message 9 of 17
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Approved for $5,000? Did you apply to the CSP instead of the CSR?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.