cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: **UPDATE** Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I still maintain that the 10 or so people that bumped their limits up monster amounts from the glitch earlier this month will more than likely not see them reduced.  Congrats again to all of you.  I missed the window of opportunity by about a week.

My statement cut earlier this week with my double limit . I wish i keep on going lol but i STOP after i got my limit to double. Since my card was only 6 months old. I was to  chicken lol to keep going Smiley Sad My double cash  card is my only "prime" citi card  besides my 13K best buy 

Message 141 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Mine rolled over 2 days ago. Limit intact and a few perks lol I got an email about 2 weeks ago to use my DC in Apple Pay for a total of $10 across 5 transactions and they’d give me $10 back. Used it at the vending machines at work buying pops and the credit posted on the cycle cut date. Also got the “Congrats! You’re eligible for a BT offer” banner — 0% for 12 months .. also got the soft copy in the mail yesterday. Citi is looking a bit thirsty this right now lol
Message 142 of 148
JamP
Valued Contributor

My DW got a whooping 2k increase..... compared to you guys thats nothing...... 

The typical HP wording followed.

Still amazed they haven't taken those monster limits away. 

It would take 15-20 years for some of us to get those limits. Smiley Sad

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 143 of 148
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@JamP wrote:

My DW got a whooping 2k increase..... compared to you guys thats nothing...... 

The typical HP wording followed.

Still amazed they haven't taken those monster limits away. 

It would take 15-20 years for some of us to get those limits. Smiley Sad

Don't speak too soon, it can always happen. Capital One dished out huge limits and then took them away from people. Being as though this Citi thing was entirely a glitch, I wouldn't be surprised if things get reduced.

Message 144 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't speak too soon, it can always happen. Capital One dished out huge limits and then took them away from people. Being as though this Citi thing was entirely a glitch, I wouldn't be surprised if things get reduced.

See, I sort of have the opposite view.  I think because it was a glitch things won't get reduced/reversed.  With Capital One they made a conscious decision to raise limits and then eventually made a conscious decision to drop those with monster limits back down if customers weren't using a significant portion of them.  We're probably talking significantly more people with those high [unused] monster Capital One limits, where the number of people that realized they could take advantage of the "glitch" was probably a fraction of a fraction when compared to the Capital One example.   

Message 145 of 148
JamP
Valued Contributor

I was one of those people that Capital One shot the moon with - 60k total CL then they decided yeah he doesn't need that much and took almost all of it away, I now have a 10k CL. I've had every one\variations of their cards and started with their secured card. For a while I was very angry. Their interest rates and triple pulls are horrible and they never offer 0% or decent balance transfers. The only reason I still have them in my portfolio is my no AF 4% Entertainment card that gets a ton of use and I really truly hate Barclay. Smiley Mad that anger goes back to the sallie mae fiasco. Don't get me started on Barclay.

That being said I would love my DC card to be a 50k card as I push everything through it. I won't even say how much I push through it a year as it seems to become a virtual p...ing contest in here lately lol

You guys were some lucky ... .. . ....... !!

As I wrote before its going to take me 20 years to get my DC card to 50k and my poor DW lol it will never see 50k at 1k-2k every 6 months. Sure we could take a HP, who wants to do that..... Smiley Happy

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 146 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

This glitch was fun. So it’s now 90 days later and zero changes. The limit remains at $40,700 and have not heard a thing.

I actually called them yesterday to close my Simplicity card and asked to move the limit over to my Dividend. They gave me zero grief and moved it right over with a SP.

I even called out “I want to move it over to the Dividend, my DC is just right” like a psycho calling attention to the crime scene lol i won’t lie, I did sweat a little

I’m now 100% comfortable with saying “this one is gonna stick”
Message 147 of 148
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
This glitch was fun. So it’s now 90 days later and zero changes. The limit remains at $40,700 and have not heard a thing.

I actually called them yesterday to close my Simplicity card and asked to move the limit over to my Dividend. They gave me zero grief and moved it right over with a SP.

I even called out “I want to move it over to the Dividend, my DC is just right” like a psycho calling attention to the crime scene lol i won’t lie, I did sweat a little

I’m now 100% comfortable with saying “this one is gonna stick”

, Thanks for confirming those MEGA Citi DC CLIs from May are still on the books! Smiley Very Happy 
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 148 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.