cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

@Bonzoled wrote:

Came, saw and conquered... $9.5K to $59.5K

Let's see if it lasts.

Another one squeezes by -- that's definitely a solid jump. Congrats @Bonzoled

Message 61 of 148
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

I'm so impressed with how this is playing out, but I am interested to see if these CLIs stick.

I am very tempted to try with my Citi DC, but I am only about 6 weeks from my last CLI. 

Message 62 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Man this is going to spread like wild fire to other forums and blogs, etc... this is going to get shut down so quickly..  Wish my CLI was in next few days vs. the 28th Smiley Sad.. Grats to those that got huge CLI's!  Hopefully they stay with you guys and worse that will happen imo is just role you back to one CLI vs. tons if they even do that assuming profile/income support said CL

You know @CreditCuriosity it's hard to say how fast though when you factor in the 4 things that have to happen for it to really catch on. You need:

• Existing card holders who by chance read about it in some form or fashion,
  • Who are eligible for a CLI (at least 180 days since last one),
  • Who also find the SP language,
  • Who also get approved for the CLI request
  • Then continue mashing it Smiley Very Happy

I think when you filter down the list there really can't be that many, but of course we've seen a few monster bumps, and I'm sure there might be a couple who did have success and just haven't posted about it. If the crazy CLI jumps triggers the alarm, it could be a little before the figure out all the variables above before they can actually put a pin in it

Message 63 of 148
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

Now watch Citi react by ending SP CLI's completely!

Don’t even say that! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 64 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Citi wouldnt give out and 60 or 80k limit unless your profile and income were really strong. Any of us LIErs, just walk away ... hey look theres a BB&T app station on the leftSmiley Wink

I agree @AverageJoesCredit. Although the glitch isn't issuing those ineligible CLI's, it's just not recognizing it already approved one, but I do think it's bumping it up it's regular algorithm until you get to your max limit. Card type has an influence too but I think I hit my ceiling because the last time I applied for a CLI I got an instant "You're at the max amount approved without reviewing a credit bureau report" .. and then this happened lol

Message 65 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Random note..Looks like I've been so busy posting with the recent bugs (BB&T, PNC and this nugget) that I got an update Smiley Tongue Woot-Woot!

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.29.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.27.28 PM.png

Message 66 of 148
wit2bees
Contributor

Welp... worked for me!   SL 21,000 three bumps 5k, 5k, 4k.   Then "sorry you are at the max but if you want more tell us how much and let us pull your credit".   

I think 35000 is plenty Smiley Happy 

TU 699 EQ 741 EX 767
- total CL = ?
- AAOA = 2.5 years
- Utilization = 9%
- Inquiries = TOOOOOOO MANY
- 50 accounts:
Updated 12/ 29 / 2021
Message 67 of 148
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This might be the craziest thing ive seen on myFico in my 3 years here. We are talking Chase limits on a Citi card norious for low limits, even for high income earners.

Congrats on Upping your game in Vslue Crack CredSmiley Wink pretty soon youll be Senior, theyve been popping up like Citi sp increasesSmiley Wink
Message 68 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

My DC wasn't 'due' for another CLI until June but it went thru only 4 months after my last approval CLI 

I know many of your responded to my question earlier several pages back in this thread stating that a CLI request inside of 6 months would result in an instant denial, then I went back and read CiC's original post and it seems he started this multi-CLI process just 4 months after his last CLI.  This to me seems that the 6 month "rule" isn't hard and fast or that there's some sort of loophole/exception.  Any opinions on that?

EDIT:  I just tried on my account and instant denial, so it seems the 6 month thing applies to me.  I'm just wondering why that wasn't the case for the OP.  I highly doubt this will still be going on in 2 weeks, but no doubt I'll still give it a try Smiley Wink

Message 69 of 148
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
This might be the craziest thing ive seen on myFico in my 3 years here. We are talking Chase limits on a Citi card norious for low limits, even for high income earners.

Congrats on Upping your game in Vslue Crack CredSmiley Wink pretty soon youll be Senior, theyve been popping up like Citi sp increasesSmiley Wink

I can only dream of this happening with Chase Smiley Tongue

Congrats to those who milked the Citi CLI cow! Now LAY LOW and do everything you can to keep human eyes off of your accounts for a looong time!

Message 70 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.