cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI Glitch -- $20,000 SP CLI!!!!

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Now watch Citi react by ending SP CLI's completely!

Don’t even say that! 

Revenge of US Bank. Smiley LOL

Message 81 of 148
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

As a software engineer, I bet someone in Citi's IT dept is going to have a bad day as soon as they or one of their managers come across this (assuming its a glitch). Citi probably auto allocated a few million $$ in CL to just the customers who frequent credit card forums like this one. 

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 82 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly this glitch falls on the lap of Citi. They screwed up and people are taking advantage of it. Those less in the know than all of us that don't know the CLI "rules" may hit the button several times and because of the glitch get several CLIs. They aren't at fault. When Citi fixes whatever is broken, my bet is that no one will receive AA and that the limits will stand for the select .01% of the population that exploited the loophole. Worst case Citi reverses those CLIs and if they do so what, you're right back to where you were anyway before the fiasco. I don't see them going above and beyond to punish [via further AA] customers for an issue that THEY created.
Message 83 of 148
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 Worst case Citi reverses those CLIs and if they do so what, you're right back to where you were anyway before the fiasco. I don't see them going above and beyond to punish [via further AA] customers for an issue that THEY created.

+1

I am very curious to see if those CLI's stick?, I am Due for 2 CC CLI's on 6/22 (6 Months)

in a way I am kinda glad that i didnt get the Euphoria mash button, id probably lose sleep, checking for The CLD.

Message 84 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Dont feel sorry for citi bank at all their stingey with cli when i had their diamond perferred card never got a cli 400 sl closed it thats what hey get

Message 85 of 148
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

So I got the 10 CLI apporval emails they send out each time you're approved. Today I got the denial one for the 11th one, just like I always have when they've denied a CLI. Looks like business as usual and this is the same message I was getting before on this card...but as it stands the limit is still intact @ $40,700 Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 5.55.46 AM.png

Message 86 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

LuckyyyySmiley Mad

Message 87 of 148
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
“Serial CLIs” — perfect description! I don’t know if it’s DC specific. Some folks mentioned trying it on non-legacy cards and weren’t having luck, but the poster who got it up to $78k did it on a Prestige so I think it’s any legacy cards that its applying to.

I shared the same panic, especially as I went after it, but I was already a few drinks in when I stumbled across @UH_HUH post and that got me firing on all cylinders lol

You should at least go for the one your eligible for. It’s not serial if you only do it once lol if you’ve got the SP language then the worst case is they tell you no, and you get their little letter. GL2U if you decide to chase it!

I've been eligible on Card 1 for 4 months now, but (a) its limit is high enough (b) the limit on Card 2 is too low, and (c) if I'm going to take up space in my "internal limit" with Citi I'd rather it be on Card 2.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 88 of 148
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive been eligble on both cards well over a year and more lol. Still get the famous FU, Chase will be more leniant on your soulSmiley Wink #Never/24 #CitiWithoutAverageJoesEverybodyKnows
Message 89 of 148
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit

Hey AJC, I wonder?!?!?

since I have not seen The Official Toast from @

#CitiWithoutAverageJoesEverybodyKnows
Message 90 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.