cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE : DUAL APPROVAL! SageStream LLC and weird US bank denial letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE : DUAL APPROVAL! SageStream LLC and weird US bank denial letter.

Us bank prequalified me for 3 of their cards with specific aprs and i applied for Cash + and 365 Amex. When i called the status the phone couldnt locate my info.

Today i received this weird denial letter that says " We regret we are unable to approve your applicaiton at this time due to combination of phone and other data associated with suspected fraud.Our decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained from the following consumer credit reporting agency SageStream LLC & Advanced Resolution Services Inc? !

I have never heard of them and my 3 bureau reports are clean and no sign of any fraud or anything. who are these companies? . its infuriating that they collect  my information and i have no clue what is in my report  and banks use these companies that i have never heard of and the letter is so vague! I faxed a signed letter to SageStream requesting my full credit report.

I will check with this Advanced Resolution Services as well and get a copy of my report.

the letter is  very vague about some suspected fraud and associated phone etc  and these companies have websites that are no good . fax or mail works, i am choosing to fax.

anyone else here got this kind of denial letter from USBANK?

My phone number has always been associated with my personal cell phone use. Its annoying that there are companies that thrive on collecting , manufacturing reports about people that people have no clue of.

UPDATE:  Ok Us bank is crazy. After sending the fax to Sage Stream Llc last night , this morning i called Adavanced resolution services and explained them the us bank denial letter and requested a copy of my credit report. The lady asked me to fax my information and told me that the denial reason in the letter ( phone is associated with suspected fraud etc) usually means perhaps usbank couldnt verify me . I was surprised because i didnot receive any calls from us bank for verification . I had called us bank at least 2 times to check my status last week even before i received this denial letter and they told me that they couldnt approve me because of new accounts etc etc.  So i was expecting that as denial reason instead of this vague 'phone is associated with the suspected fraud' reason. After hung up with ARS I immediately called US bank and asked them to explain their denial reason that is 'suspected fraud' in the letter . She pulls my application and says that their system autoflagged and auto denied me because i applied for two cards at once and my applications have not even been reviewed yet. She puts me on hold to review my applications and comes back after 5 minutes and says everything looks fine on my applications and i am approved  !. And it takes 24 hours to finalize credit line etc. I asked her to tell me which card application was approved ? She says   both of my applications cash+ and 365 amex are approved !!!!. I should get them in the mail in a fewdays! This whole us bank appoval process is unlike any other . Crazy.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: SageStreamLLC and weird US bank denial letter

I haven't received that letter. I did receive a letter to call US Bank. I called and the lady asked me questions I've never been asked for verification.
She wanted to know from where did I apply for this CC, at home or on my phone. To be honest, I couldn't remember.
Then she asked me who my phone service provider was. After that she said I'd receive a letter in 7 to 10 days. US bank does some really weird stuff. 😒
For such a large bank, they are very very slow. I applied around the beginning of the month. I still have no idea of whether I was approved or denied. lol
Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes Sagestream/IDA/ARS can cause issues with US Bank among a few others.  This is why some choose to keep them perma froozen as they aren't one of the major 3 CRA's.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes Sagestream/IDA/ARS can cause issues with US Bank among a few others.  This is why some choose to keep them perma froozen as they aren't one of the major 3 CRA's.

Does freezing them cause banks like US Bank to just decline for not being able to access?

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Does freezing them cause banks like US Bank to just decline for not being able to access?

No.  Cap1 I know pulls at least one of them or maybe I am think of Innovis, but believe they use at least one of those three although I believe sagestream now was either ARS or IDA and changed their name.. So really 2+innovis although innovis is kinda like a 4 CRA that alot of people don't know about although they don't have everything, just a partial picture of accounts and history, etc.  Just more CRA's to keep track of and make sure their information is accurate.  You can request reports from SageStream/ARS/IDA/Innovis/EWS/Lexus Nexus to see what is on them if you would like as well

Message 5 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: UPDATE : DUAL APPROVAL! SageStream LLC and weird US bank denial letter.

Comenity soft pulls SageStream if there is a fraud issue on your EQ file that they cant handle ( no phone number on the FA )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.