cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE- Finally off AMEX blacklist on New Years!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE- Finally off AMEX blacklist on New Years!

congrats

Message 11 of 40
alextercero
Super Contributor

Re: Finally off AMEX blacklist on New Years!

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 12 of 40
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!

Ron.

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks every one!

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

cem13 - Please let me know your results. Many thanks.

Message 15 of 40
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

BIG milestone, aptiger. Like crossing some final bridge or making it to the top of the peak you've been laboring toward.

Message 16 of 40
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

What was your credit score and situation since BK? I had two AMEX accounts that went to collections back in 2007, that have been removed from my bureaus. Since then, I’ve always wanted to get another card with them, but knowing I defaulted for quite a bit of money, I figure I am on their blacklist. When I started my job last January, part of my employment was to have an AMEX Corp Card for travel and expenses. 

I had to apply for the card through AMEX, using my companies code or something. To my amazement, I was approved, through AMEX. Also, the corporate card is in my name, no mention of the company on the card. On the statement mailed to my house, the bill is in my name with company name on second line, before address.

Also, I just recently noticed, there was a hard credit pull/inquiry on Experian around that time I apped back then. So my question is, the fact that all the above happened and the AMEX derogs are not on my bureau, could I possibly be eligible for another card, based on my being approved for the corp card with a hard credit pull? I've read that being approved for a Corp Card, gets you off of the blacklist, even if your company guarentees it.

My scores now are an average 706 all bureau's, with great income.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My BK was discharged in 2007.

This is actually very fast for Amex.

Message 18 of 40
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Gives me a bit of hope for next year. I IIB AMEX and my Discharge was 12/08 so I'm not too far off from you. How much did you default on? more or less then $10,000?

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonmartin wrote:

Congrats! Gives me a bit of hope for next year. I IIB AMEX and my Discharge was 12/08 so I'm not too far off from you. How much did you default on? more or less then $10,000?

I had two different credit cards with them. One for $3800 and second one for $3300.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.