Did you mean: 

UPDATE: LOL, I closed it! Sportsmans Guide Visa approval - SCT

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Sportsmans Guide Visa approval - SCT

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Make sure you behave with apps for a few months so they don't shut it down. Smiley Happy

I still have two new cards (one not reporting yet) and I just noticed Comenity is creeping around my backdoor.Smiley EmbarassedSmiley SurprisedSmiley LOL  They're freaks!Smiley Very Happy
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats. Enjoy your new card Heart

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to be a SG Buyers member to get the SCT to work. 

Message 23 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Nope, never used my acct., always used DH's since he had gotten the card last summer.....course that was a flop.  Comenity didn't like that he already had Williams-Sonoma Visa and they decided they couldn't verify him for this card, even after sending in everything so DH called them up told them to cancel all of his accts. in a particular way.  

Comenity is weird.....if you don't want a "Big Brother" type cc then this isn't for you perhaps.  I'm kinda thinking I screwed up. I don't want a prime bank dictating or snatching my accts. cuz I "might" pick up something better along the way.  I mean, that's what building and growing is...change, change for the better.

Dab-gum!

Oh the SCT will work on any of the Credit Card (mc/visa) sites without being a member.  Just be sure to fill in your email address when you first visit a site and they ask for it to give you 10% off or 20%..that type of thing.  Fill that out and then go on to create an acct.  Good Luck, it's almost like a good/not so good thing to do.  Idk, go read posts from the past on here where Comenity closed accts./all accts. cuz of inquiries/new accts.

Message 24 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just be vigilant. Comenity has shut down cards even after approval. Hope they dont play funny bunny.
Message 25 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

edit: still sp, but I locked my cb's to be on the safe side and leaving them locked.

Message 26 of 37
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Mine wasn't a trick as I got a HP. Was a little bummed. This was Sept 2018.
Message 27 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:
Mine wasn't a trick as I got a HP. Was a little bummed. This was Sept 2018.

Do you remember if it asked for the last 4 of your ss# or the whole number?  Also, have you been able to get a cli over the coarse of the year?

Message 28 of 37
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Sorry I don’t remember that.
I got two increases. First was after six months and the second was another six months thereafter. I know I requested the 2nd and believe I requested the 1st as well. They were SPs.
Message 29 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Saeren and @AJC...... I chickened out; closed.  Too stressful worrying about closure; dang.

Update on first post.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.