Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Pushing the BB&T Limits APPROVED for 4th card

tag
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Pushing the BB&T Limits APPROVED for 4th card

You...REALLY, REALLY, REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Very Successful BB&T app spree!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 11 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got three cards with BB&T:

April 2018 BB&T Spectrum Rewards $3,500

Jan 2019 BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards $2,500

March 2019 BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards  $4,500

May 2019 BB&T Bright Card: Approved, CL TBD

We shall see. It went to pending and review for 2-3 days. I really don't care about inquiries as any new credit card is merely speculation. I will report back in a few days. Looking to see if BB&T has any qualms whatsoever in the lead up to the merger with SunTrust.

UPDATE: Just got the email that I've been approved. This is ludicrous lol. That's 3 BB&T cards YTD and 4 total. I'm assuming a CL in the range of the other three. Equifax is right around 700, and LOL inquiries, no baddies. I'll report back with the SL. I forgot to mention in my original post that I was not pre-approved through the pre-approval link. I tried and was not pre-approved. I applied anyway to test a theory. All my BB&T apps have been cold apps.

CONGRATS ON YOUR APPROVAL(S)!!! Four is definitely a solid Win! 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I might as well keep going and go for their "Exclusive" Wealth Vantage card, it's in the ilk of the Freedom Unlimited with 1.5%. It would really just be horseplay at this point...
Message 13 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's pushing quantity from a single lender alright. Hope it all works out for the benefits that suit your profile best.

Congrats!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

That's pushing quantity from a single lender alright. Hope it all works out for the benefits that suit your profile best.

Congrats!

Thanks, not really worried about my profile or benefits, although the 0% for 15 months is pretty sweet. This is a hobby not a necessity for me 😉. Hopefully acting as the guinea pig can help other people that need it.

Message 15 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks, not really worried about my profile or benefits, although the 0% for 15 months is pretty sweet. This is a hobby not a necessity for me 😉. Hopefully acting as the guinea pig can help other people that need it.

It's appreciated because like you say it can really help others to at least bring in their group of first bankcards as opposed to store cards.

The next help is showing us where they stand on start limits with the additional BB&T cards which so far seem all over the board.

Blows me away that first approval of mine was 4.5K with a load of 20K line cards so they are definitely looking at something else besides FICO Scores and applicants with high limits.

Wouldn't mind making it a pair with them but one is enough for me if that's the best they approve me at. Maybe later it will change once the merger goes full on.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card showed up in my account this morning, $4,500 SL.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

The next help is showing us where they stand on start limits with the additional BB&T cards which so far seem all over the board.

Blows me away that first approval of mine was 4.5K with a load of 20K line cards so they are definitely looking at something else besides FICO Scores and applicants with high limits.

Starting limits when it comes to concurrent applciations seem to align with whatever the first limit assigned is.  There's a slurry of 4.5-6.5K limits for a period of time and personally they handed me 2 cards at 10.5K and 15K seems to be the highest off a fresh app.

4.5K seems about right with 20K being your midline CL.  My top CL's are 65K and still landed just above 10K.  I don't think they're known for breaking the cailing like Chase / Amex. 

What's more interesting is to see how they handle CLI's down the road.  There's some scattered info on that side of the house going back a couple of years from "you have to go to a branch" to just calling in and taking a HP.  Not too much info on the amount they were bumped.  I thinnk we all know for instance with Chase you can HP yourself a $500 CLI or open a new account for over 25K for the HP.  

Message 18 of 21
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was literally just about to ask if it showed up automatically in your acct!! So, roughly 6 days after approval if I read that right? Waiting for my additional cards to show up as it seems BB&T has recinded a few approvals recently...or they've flat out disappeared

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slither43 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was literally just about to ask if it showed up automatically in your acct!! So, roughly 6 days after approval if I read that right? Waiting for my additional cards to show up as it seems BB&T has recinded a few approvals recently...or they've flat out disappeared

That was 6 days after applying...and 2 days after being approved. But I've been a customer for a year now so it could be different for other people.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.