cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE on my Discover Secured

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE on my Discover Secured

Hi everyone. My 7th statement cut the day before Christmas Eve, so the next day I used their online chat to ask a rep if my card graduated. He said he could see that I had my first account review the day before and unfortunately it didn’t graduate, but my next review would be January 23rd and it could possibly happen then 😔

But this morning I woke up to that wonderful Congratulations email that not only did my card in fact graduate, but they bumped my limit from 200 to 1500! My heart actually skipped a beat because after months of anticipation and then chatting with that rep, I was not expecting graduation let alone a nice increase! That really made my day 😁

BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Starting Score: 512 Experian FICO 1/7/2018
Current Score: EXP 641 // TU 646 // EQ 665
Current Util: 8% TCL: $11,450
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE on my Discover Secured

Congrats...and that 23rd January reminds me for requesting CLI on two of my CITI cards...LOL...been waiting to complete 6 months...Smiley Wink
@CashBackQueen wrote:

Hi everyone. My 7th statement cut the day before Christmas Eve, so the next day I used their online chat to ask a rep if my card graduated. He said he could see that I had my first account review the day before and unfortunately it didn’t graduate, but my next review would be January 23rd and it could possibly happen then 😔

But this morning I woke up to that wonderful Congratulations email that not only did my card in fact graduate, but they bumped my limit from 200 to 1500! My heart actually skipped a beat because after months of anticipation and then chatting with that rep, I was not expecting graduation let alone a nice increase! That really made my day 😁

Message 2 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduating!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 3 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👏👏👏

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL**
Goal Score: 650(within a year)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 13
Frequent Contributor

So I read your post and decided to chat with a rep. I asked if my Discover card graduated. I got an odd response. The CSR stated that starting 1/6/19 billing cycle, on the 7th statement my account will begin to be reviewed. That my card has not graduated just yet. They said it in a way that they have not reviewed my account yet but that they will soon. Idk I guess in a couple of days we will see what happens. Today my 7th statement cuts.
Sept 18: EQ: 578 TU: 583 EX: 576
Sept 19: EQ8: 620 TU8: 645 EX8:640
Goal by Sept 20’ EQ: 700 TU: 700 EX:700

AA: 7YRS 6MONTHS AAOA: 2YR 6MONTHS
Inquiries in 12 months: EQ: 1 TU: 1 EX: 1
CLOSED: Self Lender 12Month CD: June 20th 19’

Goal: Auto Lease 2020 Jeep MOAB
Goal: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Goals Achieved Nov 19’: First Chase CC, Marriott Bonvoy w/ lowest APR rate of 17%
Message 5 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!

@CivilV you won’t know today. It takes a couple days after the statement cut date, and until then it looks like you did not graduate as far as the reps can see. I think it’s totally computer automated. Good luck to you!

BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Message 6 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and CL!

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 7 of 13
Established Contributor

From $200 to $1500, that's great!
Congratulations!

I won't add extra to my security because it seems like they look at a lot of variables.
Starting Score: EX 641 TU 631 EQ 669
Current Score: EX 714 TU 718 EQ 713 (EQ9 735)
Goal Scores: 750

Message 8 of 13
Frequent Contributor

@xtra I think as long as you treat the card well and continue to improve your profile, Discover will reward you. There is that occasional case where a person does everything right and still can’t get their card to graduate, but for the most part Disco cards have been graduating and increasing left and right lately.

BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Message 9 of 13
Established Contributor

@CashBack no worries here. I'm confident of my rising data points and spend. I just don't feel it necessary to add to my security.
A couple of months to go! 👍😊
Starting Score: EX 641 TU 631 EQ 669
Current Score: EX 714 TU 718 EQ 713 (EQ9 735)
Goal Scores: 750

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.