Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE on my Discover Secured

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE on my Discover Secured

Hi everyone. My 7th statement cut the day before Christmas Eve, so the next day I used their online chat to ask a rep if my card graduated. He said he could see that I had my first account review the day before and unfortunately it didn’t graduate, but my next review would be January 23rd and it could possibly happen then 😔

But this morning I woke up to that wonderful Congratulations email that not only did my card in fact graduate, but they bumped my limit from 200 to 1500! My heart actually skipped a beat because after months of anticipation and then chatting with that rep, I was not expecting graduation let alone a nice increase! That really made my day 😁

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE on my Discover Secured

Congrats...and that 23rd January reminds me for requesting CLI on two of my CITI cards...LOL...been waiting to complete 6 months...Smiley Wink
@CashBackQueen wrote:

Hi everyone. My 7th statement cut the day before Christmas Eve, so the next day I used their online chat to ask a rep if my card graduated. He said he could see that I had my first account review the day before and unfortunately it didn’t graduate, but my next review would be January 23rd and it could possibly happen then 😔

But this morning I woke up to that wonderful Congratulations email that not only did my card in fact graduate, but they bumped my limit from 200 to 1500! My heart actually skipped a beat because after months of anticipation and then chatting with that rep, I was not expecting graduation let alone a nice increase! That really made my day 😁

Message 2 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduating!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 13
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👏👏👏

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 4 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

So I read your post and decided to chat with a rep. I asked if my Discover card graduated. I got an odd response. The CSR stated that starting 1/6/19 billing cycle, on the 7th statement my account will begin to be reviewed. That my card has not graduated just yet. They said it in a way that they have not reviewed my account yet but that they will soon. Idk I guess in a couple of days we will see what happens. Today my 7th statement cuts.
Message 5 of 13
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!

@CivilV you won’t know today. It takes a couple days after the statement cut date, and until then it looks like you did not graduate as far as the reps can see. I think it’s totally computer automated. Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and CL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

From $200 to $1500, that's great!
Congratulations!

I won't add extra to my security because it seems like they look at a lot of variables.
Message 8 of 13
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@xtra I think as long as you treat the card well and continue to improve your profile, Discover will reward you. There is that occasional case where a person does everything right and still can’t get their card to graduate, but for the most part Disco cards have been graduating and increasing left and right lately.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CashBack no worries here. I'm confident of my rising data points and spend. I just don't feel it necessary to add to my security.
A couple of months to go! 👍😊
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.