cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATED] 3 for 3, first mini-app spree...

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: [UPDATED] 3 for 3, first mini-app spree...

You guys are right, I got really nice CSR second time around. I got approved according to him for the default limit, which is 2k. I should get it on the 28th of March and charge card on the 23rd of March. Why two different dates is anyone's guess, he also said I would be able to request a credit limit increase after 90 days. So maybe I shouldn't try for the 61 day CLI then? Idk...lol. 

Once again I appreciate the thanks guys!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 21 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

You guys are right, I got really nice CSR second time around. I got approved according to him for the default limit, which is 2k. I should get it on the 28th of March and charge card on the 23rd of March. Why two different dates is anyone's guess, he also said I would be able to request a credit limit increase after 90 days. So maybe I shouldn't try for the 61 day CLI then? Idk...lol. 

Once again I appreciate the thanks guys!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 33
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Dude, Congrats! I know how happy I was when I became an Amex member and now you know the feeling! Unfortunately, from what I posted and learned in the garden thread, they don't allow pcing from the Delta to the BCE, as far as I here, but congrats on getting approved, I am still kicking myself because I should have applied for 2 card and get it with one HP but I didnt think I would be approved so I did not chance it. Congrats again!

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 23 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@bluesnowman - Thanks alot! Dang, seriously? Lol. I'm not really in the mood to pay those huge AFs, my income won't justify it. Any particular reason why the PC can't happen?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 24 of 33
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Warjar-My income does not really justify it at the monent either. I simply wanted it because I wanted to be in with Amex, but I am planning to close or cancel my PRG or I just might keep it when renewal time comes around in November for me. I dont think they have a particular reason, but I do think that it goes by the class it is in. For example, if you have a Green card, you can only upgarde or downgrade within the charge cards, like with the Delta, you can upgrade or downgrade between the Platinum, Gold, and Reserve. I think that is what it is. I am hoping to be approved for the BCE, and then from there on figure if I should keep my PRG or not. Thankfully, the AF isn't due with the first statement and we can try it out first. But I really think that is why we cannot PC unless it is to the same class of cards or co-branded cards. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 25 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@bluesnowman - I hear you. I didn't even realized I applied for the PRG, I thought it was the basic Gold charge card lol. If I would've known that, I would've just apped for the charge card and called it a day. But, if thats the case, then I'll just wait out my six months of gardening then app for the BCE and close both the PRG and the Delta Skymiles in a little over a year from when I opened them. I have a thing against AF cards. Speaking of which, I need to formulate some kind of email for CapOne EO to get rid of the one I have on this CapOne card that offers no rewards whatsoever. Lol. We'll see...lots of work to be done.

Message 26 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

@bluesnowman - I hear you. I didn't even realized I applied for the PRG, I thought it was the basic Gold charge card lol. If I would've known that, I would've just apped for the charge card and called it a day. But, if thats the case, then I'll just wait out my six months of gardening then app for the BCE and close both the PRG and the Delta Skymiles in a little over a year from when I opened them. I have a thing against AF cards. Speaking of which, I need to formulate some kind of email for CapOne EO to get rid of the one I have on this CapOne card that offers no rewards whatsoever. Lol. We'll see...lots of work to be done.

Take your time in the garden the AF isn't unti after 1st year

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 33
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 out of 3; AMEX Reconning Possible?

@WarJar101 wrote:

I completely forgot about the application status webpage AMEX has, I just checked it and it said I got the AMEX PRG and AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles!!! Awesome!!  Hopefully, I'll be able to PC to the AMEX BCE after six months. What do you guys think? 

I'm not sure what the limit is yet, if anyone knows a way to find out ahead time let me know. I'd appreciate it.

On another note, I need a new wallet....the one have currently is looking a bit jacked. That's next on my list. Lol.

This is the new walllet you should get to celebrate your mini appspree.......I dumb my 2 years old wallet with this as well after i get BCE Smiley Very Happy ......

wallet.PNG

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 28 of 33
tatterz
New Contributor

Just curious, what entices people to app for the Walmart card? Are there any benefits? I thought it was mainly for people rebuilding credit. Is it because it supplies you with a monthly credit score?

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 29 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@tatterz wrote:

Just curious, what entices people to app for the Walmart card? Are there any benefits? I thought it was mainly for people rebuilding credit. Is it because it supplies you with a monthly credit score?

Yeah, for that and the constant/rapid CLIs they give out as well. Can't beat it, it's worth one HP not a bad deal IMO.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.