cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

@Bobert22 wrote:

Capital One is ridiculous. The Cap1 plantium (no fee version) was my sisters first credit card account in 2005 and started with a $300 limit. After a year Captial One increased it to $500. ahe recently tried to get a CLi and was denied. It's been at $500 for 7 years. And she uses the card maybe like once or twice every two months for charges under $50. She's always paid the account in full and never carried a balance. Not to mention she's never had a late payment and has plenty of other prime cards such as Chase freedom with $7500 limit, and Discover $5000, etc. perfect credit history and no baddies at all. 

Captial one is ridiculous really. 

I agree with your statement and Cap One is notorious for this. But there are work arounds to get a CLI and fees waived.

Cap One is known to be a rebuilder CCC. But they do have Prime cards IMO and can be generous with CLI (some times)

Most people like myself got Cap One to build then rebuild credit. They helped me when I needed credit. 

Some people just move on when they obtain better CCs, but Cap One is not a bad company IMO, just tough to work it. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 23
StriderM99
New Contributor

I just sent an email to Capital One's exec. I'll update when I hear back from him/them.

As for my Chase Freedom card, I will wait for Discover to post my new $10,000 limit and ask them to match it.

Is it out of the question to ask them to raise my line from $3200 to $10,000? If I ask them to match it, will they flat out reject the request, or is it possible they'll say ok, or counter with a lower limit?

Message 12 of 23
StriderM99
New Contributor

Got a call from Capital One's executive office earlier this afternoon. I wasn't able to answer the phone, so a rep left a voicemail. Fortunately, she mentioned their business hours, so I was able to call back when I got off work at 5. Just as everyone else has posted, she asked a couple of quick questions, and asked me what I wanted my line increased to. I gave her a number. She then asked if there was a lower number I'd accept, in case I can't be approved for what I wanted. I gave her another number. Then she said I'll hear back from someone within 7-10 days. She was very polite. She also said she'd put in the request to remove my AF. I'll update again once I hear back from them!

Thanks for the advice so far! It'll be nice to actually use that card once it has a decent limit on it.

Message 13 of 23
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:

Got a call from Capital One's executive office earlier this afternoon. I wasn't able to answer the phone, so a rep left a voicemail. Fortunately, she mentioned their business hours, so I was able to call back when I got off work at 5. Just as everyone else has posted, she asked a couple of quick questions, and asked me what I wanted my line increased to. I gave her a number. She then asked if there was a lower number I'd accept, in case I can't be approved for what I wanted. I gave her another number. Then she said I'll hear back from someone within 7-10 days. She was very polite. She also said she'd put in the request to remove my AF. I'll update again once I hear back from them!

Thanks for the advice so far! It'll be nice to actually use that card once it has a decent limit on it.

Yup the EO works wonders I got my increase and the rep from Cap One is really nice. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 14 of 23
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 15 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

Good luck... keep us posted!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 23
Bobert22
Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:

Is it better to email the executive office or call? 

Also where can I find this email/phone number? Thanks! 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 17 of 23
StriderM99
New Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@StriderM99 wrote:

I emailed them, mainly because I decided to do this late at night, past normal business hours. They then called me the following day, and we went on from there.

I may be wrong, but from reading the many other threads about this same exact situation, I think it's against a rule here on the forums to post a direct email address, otherwise I would.

However, If you google "capital one ceo email address" you'll find the email address of the guy you'll want to send your email to. For my subject line, I put something similar to "Credit Card Question"  Then, I just addressed the body of the email as "To whom it may concern,"  I got a call the next day from a rep from the executive's office. She was polite and willing to help. Now I am just waiting for my results!

Message 18 of 23
Bobert22
Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@StriderM99 wrote:

I emailed them, mainly because I decided to do this late at night, past normal business hours. They then called me the following day, and we went on from there.

I may be wrong, but from reading the many other threads about this same exact situation, I think it's against a rule here on the forums to post a direct email address, otherwise I would.

However, If you google "capital one ceo email address" you'll find the email address of the guy you'll want to send your email to. For my subject line, I put something similar to "Credit Card Question"  Then, I just addressed the body of the email as "To whom it may concern,"  I got a call the next day from a rep from the executive's office. She was polite and willing to help. Now I am just waiting for my results!

Did you include your account number or any other person info besides your name in the email?

Thanks again! Hopefully can get my sisters $500 limit from 2006 to at least $8000.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 19 of 23
StriderM99
New Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

Did you include your account number or any other person info besides your name in the email?

Thanks again! Hopefully can get my sisters $500 limit from 2006 to at least $8000.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that part. I did include my Account number, but that was it. I figured they'd need it to get in touch with me. When I ended the email, I basically just put this:

Thank you for your time,

John Doe

Account # xxxxxxxxxxx

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.