cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED WITH DENIAL RSN...Two Chase apps same day: CSP approved but plz help w/Slate denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATED WITH DENIAL RSN...Two Chase apps same day: CSP approved but plz help w/Slate denial

I was thisclose to doing everything right. I used two different browsers to app for CSP and Slate within minutes of each other. Only one HP on EX and TU.

CSP: auto approval, $7700. This is my second Chase card since June 23. Now my combined limit is $14,100.

Slate: got 7-10 day message. Called recon this morning and discovered I submitted the Slate app with my maiden name. I've been married since 2005 and finally took DH's name this past May. My fingers or the auto-fill betrayed me. Ugh! The rep could not (or would not) confirm my last name was the issue. She said I had to wait until the letter arrived to recon. I'm just confirming here that information is correct. Should I HUCA today, tomorrow, etc?

I was trying to get both cards before AMEX reports my Delta Blue and ED (statement cuts on Aug 10/24). I don't want to be a pest but time is of the essence.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Two Chase apps same day: CSP approved but plz help w/Slate denial

@Anonymous wrote:
I was thisclose to doing everything right. I used two different browsers to app for CSP and Slate within minutes of each other. Only one HP on EX and TU.

CSP: auto approval, $7700. This is my second Chase card since June 23. Now my combined limit $14,100.

Slate: got 7-10 day message. Called recon this morning and discovered I submitted the Slate app with my maiden name. I've been married since 2005 and finally took DH's name this past May. My fingers or the auto-fill betrayed me. Ugh! The rep could not (or would not) confirm my last name was the issue. She said I had to wait until the letter arrived to recon. I'm just confirming here that information is correct. Should I HUCA today, tomorrow, etc?

I was trying to get both cards before AMEX reports my Delta Blue and ED (statement cuts on Aug 10/24). I don't want to be a pest but time is of the essence.

HUCA a few more times to see if a rep can help you or at the very least let you know why your app was denied. The other option - and I don't even know if it is one - is reapplying with the correct data since technically you didn't get approved for the other card and assuming this all happened today they'll continue to use the same HPs for the earlier approval. If the time has passed for another app I would just HUCA and cross your fingers you come across a rep that can help or at least explain the denial.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and CSP is my favorite card to use !!!

Message 3 of 9
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Congrats and sorry to hear about the other browser issue. I think I just got bit by the autofill bug on a CU membership app yesterday....going to have to wait for the letter. 

What was your new account number as it relates to the Chase 5/24 rule when you got the CSP? Any invites or green check marks or was it a cold app?

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

Congrats and sorry to hear about the other browser issue. I think I just got bit by the autofill bug on a CU membership app yesterday....going to have to wait for the letter. 

What was your new account number as it relates to the Chase 5/24 rule when you got the CSP? Any invites or green check marks or was it a cold app?

Damm autofill bug got me too last week. Used it to fill in my work name at the end of the app and it went back and changed my home address to my work address. Took me an hour to undo that mess with Penfed and now I get mail at both. 

Anyway good luck with the Huca and the recon. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Technically it's 5/24 but Chase would think it was 3/24 (all Chase cards). All cold apps. Just wanna get the Slate before the 2 AMEX cards drag down the AAoA.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CSP!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Got denial letter today.  It was NOT my incorrect last name.  It was "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us".

Data points: CFU opened on June 23.  CSP opened on August 8.  Excluding a closed auto loan (early and PIF) account with Chase, the 2 credit cards were my only applications with Chase.  I guess I'll wait a few months to apply for the SLATE if I still want it.  That would put me at 5/24.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.