Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CASH +

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

US BANK CASH +

Good morning!   SO, my TU finally broke 700.  Whoo hoo!!   I was checking the SP pre-qual sites Wednesday night, and US Bank FINALLY gave me 2 cards I was 'Pre-Qualified for, the Cash+ and the Amex card.   Rolled the dice and applied for the Cash + and got the dreaded 7-10 day message.   Was bummed, but wasn't shocked.   But.... I saw on here that there was a auto number to call.  Called in last night, entered my social and zip code then held my breath.    "Congratulations on your approval... you'll receive your card in 10 days...."   I almost dropped my phone.   Hearing how conservative this bank is, I was honestly shocked at this approval, but also very happy.   Will I have to wait until I receive the card to find out the SL?   I'm assuming it'll likely be $500, based on the other recent threads I'm seeing and I'll recon then.  

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US BANK CASH +

Congrats! Here’s hoping you don’t have to bother with a recon and get a good SL out of the gate. Fortunately, underwriting isn’t aggressive and it doesn’t seem like an interrogation if you do have to go that route. Just wish they were empowered to make on-the-spot decisions.
Message 2 of 33
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

OMG, Whoo hoo!!  This is very impressive.

Congrats!

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

My US Bank Cash+ preapproval turned into an instant denial and then the next page it asked me to do a balance transfer (I said no) and a day later they emailed me to select my categories.  Then they mailed the card.

Probably was denied based on TU (unpaid tax lien) but then manual underwriting realized I had a preapproval so they approved me.

I am so happy with my $500 limit that I put it immediately in the sock drawer for now, lol.  I tried calling twice to get it raised by didn't want to deal with the hold time, will probably shoot off a USPS letter to underwriting Monday for kicks.

Message 4 of 33
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@JimBo99 wrote:

Good morning!   SO, my TU finally broke 700.  Whoo hoo!!   I was checking the SP pre-qual sites Wednesday night, and US Bank FINALLY gave me 2 cards I was 'Pre-Qualified for, the Cash+ and the Amex card.   Rolled the dice and applied for the Cash + and got the dreaded 7-10 day message.   Was bummed, but wasn't shocked.   But.... I saw on here that there was a auto number to call.  Called in last night, entered my social and zip code then held my breath.    "Congratulations on your approval... you'll receive your card in 10 days...."   I almost dropped my phone.   Hearing how conservative this bank is, I was honestly shocked at this approval, but also very happy.   Will I have to wait until I receive the card to find out the SL?   I'm assuming it'll likely be $500, based on the other recent threads I'm seeing and I'll recon then.  

Will it say preapproved or recommended?  I have 3 cards that they recommend

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 5 of 33
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

@JimBo99 wrote:

When I applied for the Cash + card I was also given the 7-10 message, called the automated line and it said I was approved. I called and spoke to cs and found out my sl was $500. I asked for a review and was approved for $5k. They are very nice and there is no harm in asking! Congrats on your approval! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 6 of 33
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Shawndoe
"You are PREQUALIFIED for the offers below"

Also, shows one APR(ie 16.99%).
Message 7 of 33
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
@Shawndoe
"You are PREQUALIFIED for the offers below"

Also, shows one APR(ie 16.99%).

Ok great, thanks!

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 8 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go breaking 700 JimBo99Smiley Happy

Hope you get at least $600Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! this is probably my favorite card as its been earning the most rewards for me (noticeable) for the past couple of months.  I just checked for kicks and my original one was approved at 500$ 19.99% but called to recon it and it was bumped up to 5k (should have aked for more) now im noticing its showing up pre approved again a few weeks after i talked to them about maybe opening up another one after they called me.  Itll either be a second one of these (this time @ 15.99 % 14mo 0% and 100$ @ 500 spend) or the Altitude).  The choices they give when youre a customer for a few months show how much they value loyalty,  Theres a good chance ill bite on the Altitude next just outta peer loyalty but may trigger on the Cash+ if i feel the annual fee isnt that worth it.  

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.