Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK cash+

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

US BANK cash+

So I have trouble with gardening and I enjoy filling in apps but not fully submitting. I know, it's strange but it helps fight the urge to apply for every card that's out there. I was messing around on the U.S. Bank site and had been thinking about the cash+ card so I figured I'd fill it out and go through a few pages of the app and then back out like normal. I filled in the first page and it said I was at 60% completion for the app (it showed that there were 3 more steps to complete) so I clicked continue. After that I got a text from wallethub monitoring that U.S. Bank had pulled my TU report. Oops.... Anyway, the next page had their offer of a 15K credit limit so I figured I might as well accept it and was instantly approved. I can't remember the APR listed but it was pretty low.

Data:

They seem to pull TU for me (smaller ones they like to pull or on ice), TU FICO 8 is 753, AAoA 3.7yrs, 16 inq last 12 months, lots of new accounts, and 1% utility. I have a checking and savings with them, which I was told by a local rep there that it helps with approvals. I was denied this card in February before I had a relationship with them.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: US BANK cash+

Congrats!!! That's a nice limit! Us bank has been very accepting lately from my experience and my scores are a bit lower than yours. They really like TU here in IL.
Message 2 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

My tu FICO 04 is higher than my 08, so your score might be even better than you think. I was able to get 3 us bank instant approvals in one day, I was shocked! Enjoy! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Funny before I banked with them in Feb they told me to pound sand but now they like me and my stats are a bit worse now then in Feb LOL Smiley Happy

They seem to like TU for me in CA

Message 4 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

i've had a checking account with them for almost a year. ive applied several times in the past with a better profile and always declined. i was still declined the cash plus but approved flex perks amex, club carlson, rei world mastercard and a few others. 

Message 5 of 16
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

i've had a checking account with them for almost a year. ive applied several times in the past with a better profile and always declined. i was still declined the cash plus but approved flex perks amex, club carlson, rei world mastercard and a few others. 

The local rep is a friend of mine and told me they really prefer you to have a relationship with them other than just cc. I know people get approved without it but I think it really does help. It's the only reason I can see why they'd approve me now and not the last app. I'll stick with the cash+ for now.... Stop trying to tempt me LOL Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

i think your strategy is great. i shouldnt have opened several cards with them, i wish i had that will power! 

Message 7 of 16
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Oops. Lol! Congratulations!! Awesome limit!! Banking with them definitely helps. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 8 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your oops app!! US Bank seems to be much more generous with existing cutomers.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nooiice!!!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.