Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank AR Approval - $20k

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

US Bank AR Approval - $20k

The last card on my wishlist is now a reality and I join the coveted club that already has the likes of @K-in-Boston@Remedios, and @UncleBSmiley LOLHeart If I missed your name it's not a slight at all I'm just tired and rambling atm with July needing to be in the rearview mirror already. Thanks to @longtimelurker as well for finding a work-around for getting in with USB if you're not in the geographical footprint for their banking services just to apply for this card in the first place.

Now, I already knew about USB's manual reviews so I was prepared for that when it didn't come back as an automatic approval unlike UncleB's the lucky guy but the questions they asked weren't as much related to my credit profile as much as a life profile somewhat. They asked about the last twelve month's credit activity but I think I showed what kind of use I put on my cards since I don't practice AZEO any longer to show I use the limits I have. Considering how little time they spent on this it apparently wasn't much of an issue for them.

With the other questions my fiancee made the comment since she was with me as I was talking to UW was it was like being at a job interview where they asked things that were related to my recent life changes such as her/our new business, recent moves, nature of business with regards to DEA licensing even though it's under her name, and so on. All these things were discussed over the course of over an hour so was a new experience and not something I would have done for any other card but their 4.5% mobile wallet earnings is really enticing.

After being put on hold for 10 mins or so they came back with an approval of $20k which is more than enough to suit my needs with the other cards in my wallet. With this card I believe I'm done with apps for new accounts for the foreseeable future. Other than some HPs for CLIs like with the Citi Premier coming up in September and maybe a few other increases I'm just gonna relax in the garden and be happy with what I have now.

Is July over already?

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank AR Approval - $20k

Congrats! That is a great SL for that card. Real time rewards rock and so do the gogoinflight passes!
Message 2 of 67
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on Precious Club membership Heart

Message 3 of 67
UncleB
Credit Mentor

That's fantastic, @simplynoirscreamer.gif

For the record mine went to review as well, but I didn't have to talk to anybody - they had pity on me without making me call. @Remedios was the lucky one who didn't have to wait in suspense for an answer (LOL).  Smiley Very Happy

That's an awesome credit line for this card, and like you say it will complement your others nicely.  It sounds like you and @Anonymous handled the analyst with perfect finesse!  (No surprise there at all!)  Smiley Wink

Again, welcome to "the precious" club!  Smiley Very Happy

PinochioBoss.gif

Message 4 of 67
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats Simply on a great card and amazing starting limit!🎉🎉🎉

Message 5 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congrats on your US Bank AR approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 67
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

No Selfies?

Message 7 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 67
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS on your US Bank AR approval and the awe-inspiring SL!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats man, between this one and the recent CNB Crystal, you’ve kinda summited on Everest this year!
Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.