Re: US Bank AR Approval - $20k

Congrats on the approval and welcome to the AR club Smiley Very Happy

Now go and samsung pay the heck out of it Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 67
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Not the 3x cli for AMEX. 

But other than AMEX, I received my largest cli on this card.

A $5k cli which took me from $10k to $15k.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 54 of 67
Kw76
Valued Member

Can you share the work around ? I want to open checking and savings account to obtain the AR, but I’m not within there geographical either.

Thanks !!
Congrats on the killer starting line
Message 55 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kw76 wrote:
Can you share the work around ? I want to open checking and savings account to obtain the AR, but I’m not within there geographical either.

Thanks !!
Congrats on the killer starting line

It's pretty niche, in that you require someone who already has a relationship with them.   So in my case, I have the cash+.   In order to make my daughter a customer without getting an unneeded card, we opened a joint bank account.  We could do this, despite being out of area, just because I was a customer.   After about a week, she applied and was approved for the AR.

But if you don't mind another card and corresponding score hit, you can simply apply for one (cash+ is quite useful, but any will do).   Then, once you are approved, you are now a customer.   

Message 56 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Following my daughters and simplynoir successes, I applied today.   Some initial CR freeze issues (I opened TU as that is what they pulled for my daughter in the same state,  but the claim is that the computer chooses at random) which I fixed.   No automatic approval for me, so now waiting....

Message 57 of 67
Kw76
Valued Member

Thanks for the heads up , I appreciate it , I’ll keep you guys posted .
Message 58 of 67
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Following my daughters and simplynoir successes, I applied today.   Some initial CR freeze issues (I opened TU as that is what they pulled for my daughter in the same state,  but the claim is that the computer chooses at random) which I fixed.   No automatic approval for me, so now waiting....

Finger crossed for you, @longtimelurker! I applied, didn't get an automatic approval but got a call a few hours later from UW. It was pretty standard but hope you get an easier "interview" like @Remedios and not my experience.

Message 59 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Finger crossed for you, @longtimelurker! I applied, didn't get an automatic approval but got a call a few hours later from UW. It was pretty standard but hope you get an easier "interview" like @Remedios and not my experience.

Thanks.   Just called in, automated system could not retrieve my application info.  So waited on line for way too long, and then I was told it was approved 2 days ago (the day I applied).   Wish they had let me know!    Still, approved for $23K, so that's very nice.

Message 60 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.