Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Approval--UPDATE CLI GRANTED @ $10K

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

Congrats 🎊🎉🎈@dberryhill on your approvals.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. Pretty excited about the approval. Still considering calling about the SL, but that will have to happen later this afternoon. 

Message 12 of 41
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I thought a higher fico was needed for them. Thanks for the data point with TU. What state are you in btw?

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I thought a higher fico was needed for them. Thanks for the data point with TU. What state are you in btw?

I actually wanted to include that data point for people as I thought the same. I am in Illinois. While ability to repay and credit scoring are big data points, I think the key part for a lot of their UW process is the lack of credit seeking behavior on top of it all. Would definitely think about being 1/6 tops and 2/12 when applying. 

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Congrats on the approval, but I suggest you call ASAP today and make your case for a higher starting limit.   

Is there a special place I should be calling or just the normal recon line? 

One of these #'s should work.  Other people that have more experience with us bank would know better whether same HP or would be additional HP etc.  Use to be a SP to reconsider, but heard recently it has been a HP, but not sure if it is a YMMV type of thing?

US Bank: 800-947-1444, 800-685-7680 (Underwriting)

Requested a CLI (as the card has already been sent out... real fast these ones). We will see what happens from here. Still pretty happy with where I am at right now but it would be nice to be able to have a little breathing room. 

Message 15 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on getting one of the last unicorns left in the credit world! 🍸
Message 16 of 41
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 17 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

I actually wanted to include that data point for people as I thought the same. I am in Illinois. While ability to repay and credit scoring are big data points, I think the key part for a lot of their UW process is the lack of credit seeking behavior on top of it all. Would definitely think about being 1/6 tops and 2/12 when applying. 

You're correct that they are very sensitive to what they consider credit-seeking behavior but that's true across all of their cards, not just the Altitude, and also holds true for even profiles that are both wide and deep. 

One other point is that they also often SP ARS and/or Sagestream which can make it worthwhile to ensure that your LexisNexus report is accurate.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 41
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous congrats, my new AR buddy

Welcome to the cult. Robes are ready,, hope you got chants memorized 

Message 19 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.