cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Approved! Good DPs...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Altitude Reserve Approved! Good DPs...

For some background, I got approved for the BCP and CFU on July 4th. The plan was to let my new accounts age and garden for 1 year until I can get the CSR. However, things changed when I discovered the Altitude Reserve. Somehow this beautiful card had slept under my radar and I realized the only way I could get it within the next year was if I applied before my two new accounts reported (due to their strict underwriting standards).

Since there is no US Bank branch in my state I had to use the backdoor method to be considered an "existing customer." I first opened a brokerage account online  which was approved instantly. I then waited a day to open checking account via phone since I wasn't sure if all my information was properly in their system yet. The CSR said I wouldn't normally qualify for a checking account but, because they could see I just opened a brokerage they would approve me through the backdoor.

After the checking account was opneded, I was technically was supposed to wait "5 business days" before applying for the Altitude Reserve. However, I am a greedy bastard so I just let the app fly the day after my checking account was approved. I applied on my phone and got the dreaded " please wait 3-5 day business days while we verify your application" message.

At this point I was panicking since I didn't wait 5 business days before applying. I also had 1 recent hard pull on my Experian from getting the CFU within the last week. After a grueling 3 days where I called the CSR more times than i'd like to admit, to my surprise, I was approved with a $5k limit!

While I was extremely happy to be approved, I was a little disappointed with the low starting limit for what is considered a "premium" card. I immediately called recon and asked them to increase the limit to $10k through a HP (no SP option allowed).  Unfortunately, I was denied the CLI a few days later as they wanted to see some good history on the card for at least 6 months before feeling comfortable giving me more credit.

All in all, still stoked to have the Altitude Reserve in my portfolio. I was very lucky that I discovered this card in the brief window where my credit profile was still clean and didn't reflect my typical credit seeking behavior. Hope this will serve as good DPs for those looking to get the card in the future.

Update 7/20: After calling recon the bumped up my CL to $7K! At least the hardpull wasn't a complete waste Smiley Very Happy

Key Data Points at time of application:
Experian - 754 (They pulled Experian)
Equifax - 764
Transunion - 751
AAoA - 2.1 Years

0/12
4/24
Altitude Reserve Approved - $5K Limit

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Approved! Good DPs...

Congratulations on your US Bank Altitude Reserve approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 24
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 24
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 5 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your US Bank Altitude Reserve approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 24
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 8 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting it approved, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 24
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.