cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve CLI (10K increase)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Altitude Reserve CLI (10K increase)

I want to state first that I completely over the moon with US Bank and the Altitude Reserve card. I have already gotten a ton of use out of it. While I did win them over to raise my SL to 10K after I was instantly approved, I had always felt like I had short changed myself when I called in and was forced to give a set number.

There is a dangerous thread on the applications page talking about the CLI button in the US Bank mobile app and wesbite. It definitely piqued my interest, but the language provided in the application for the CLI sounded like a "hard pull" to me, so I decided that I would take a hard pass on it.

A few days later, I started reading about how lots of people were getting soft pull CLIs through the use of that function. Even more intriguing--but the voices in my head told me that it wasn't smart, and that I could live with the current limit they gave me when I opened.

However, late last night after a combination of enjoying a fine evening of dinner, drinks, and seeing the holiday lights at the zoo, I had dulled the voices *just enough* about applying for a CLI. In my addled state in the last vestiges of the day, I found myself "just trying it out" and that I would NEVER hit submit. But then--almost as if I was watching myself from afar--I watched myself hit "submit." Immediate "we'll let you know in 7-10 days by mail" message. I could pretty much see them printing the adverse action letter from there.

Woke up this morning slightly groggy and kicking myself for even trying it. Kept checking my Experian app to see if a HP was hitting once business hours began. But nothing ever happened. Really thought I dodged one there.

Once I had my coffee at my desk, I logged into USB's mobile app to make a payment and lo and behold, my available credit line was more than doubled. Apparently this whole crazy thing worked. They increase my credit line from 10k to 20k. And still no hard hit.

TLDR: I got tipsy, app'd for a CLI that ended up being a soft pull increase of 10k despite only having the account open for a month.

I am extremely lucky and thank the community for all of their help too.

To give back a modicum of help, here were the data points:

Account Open: 1 month
Starting Line: 5500 (via instant)
CLI #1 (day of app): 10,000 (is what I asked for)
CLI #2 (after first month): 20,000

Score: EX 745 Fico 8 (I will know the other numbers when I update next week)
AAoA: 1 year, 10 months

Let me know if you need other data points. Honestly, I wouldn't try this at home with such a new account. I just had a feeling they had been holding out. As Remedios has lamented before, if they wanted to give me this level of a line, I wish they would have just handed it to me initially--rather than making me work for it.

Edit: HP pull was one day later on TU. 

21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve SP CLI (10K increase)

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the SP increase there, @Anonymous!

May I ask what your spend has looked like in the month you've had the card? I was going to wait til after the holiday shopping to do mine HP or SP but I might cave before then lol

Message 3 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on that monster CLI!!!
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noir: I ran about 6k through in 2.5 weeks. I also made a pay to 0 after the first 4k within that time.

Not sure if either of these data points shed much light. I could also imagine that some of the UW model changes could be based on seasonal spend.
Message 6 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'm just trying to find a correlation for the amount of the CLI between approvals reported recently. @Remedios put major money on hers and was given a lower CLI through more trended spend while you were able to double yours pretty much after approval

Thinking USB is really a bank where you just gotta roll the dice and hope to not get snake eyes 🤷‍♂️

Message 7 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve CLI (10K increase; now a HP)

Yeah. Not really sure what drove mine. Also unclear if the addition of a new card had an impact on her cli with them.

In the month I was with them I have also reduced the amount and % of util for my cards to around 5% (from 15%). This was a drop from like 9k to 4k. That may also have had an effect.
Message 9 of 22
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.