Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve CLI Approval - $96K CL

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve CLI Approval - $96K CL

@simplynoir wrote:

A few months late posting but here it is lol

Asked for and was approved for an increase on my AR card to the new $96k CL. This card is used for business spending and limit gets cycled so the limit was appreciated. Considering my fairly recent business card approval at the same time-ish I am curious to see moving forward how much more credit they're going to extend if it falls all under one umbrella or if they consider business and personal credit limits allocations separate. Crossing the imaginary $100k total credit threshold is a gatekeeper with other banks like BofA. Guess we'll find out soon enough

EX/TU scores were in the 820-830 ranges since I have no clue which they SP since they like using both for apps. UTL reporting was under 10% but one card was at ~65% when I applied. Been fairly calm application and HP wise. Any other information needed feel free to ask

p.s. shoutout to @imaximous for his help here I really appreciate it 🍸

Congrats!  It does appear that the difference between them and BoA is that they actually expect you to use the credit limit. Curious as to whether this was done through the CLI link or if you called them, and if you called was it just a routine "I'd like to request a credit line increase" or did you request a specific amount (like $100k) and it was counter-offered?

Message 11 of 27
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 12 of 27
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Meh... old news, lol.

Congrats, bud. Happy I could offer any assistance.

I've also decided - unwillingly - to concede the race for highest AR limit, haha... oh well! Enjoy the triumph!
Message 13 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The largest CL I have seen on a USB personal card here on the forums, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

A few months late posting but here it is lol

Asked for and was approved for an increase on my AR card to the new $96k CL. This card is used for business spending and limit gets cycled so the limit was appreciated. Considering my fairly recent business card approval at the same time-ish I am curious to see moving forward how much more credit they're going to extend if it falls all under one umbrella or if they consider business and personal credit limits allocations separate. Crossing the imaginary $100k total credit threshold is a gatekeeper with other banks like BofA. Guess we'll find out soon enough

EX/TU scores were in the 820-830 ranges since I have no clue which they SP since they like using both for apps. UTL reporting was under 10% but one card was at ~65% when I applied. Been fairly calm application and HP wise. Any other information needed feel free to ask

p.s. shoutout to @imaximous for his help here I really appreciate it 🍸

Congrats!  It does appear that the difference between them and BoA is that they actually expect you to use the credit limit. Curious as to whether this was done through the CLI link or if you called them, and if you called was it just a routine "I'd like to request a credit line increase" or did you request a specific amount (like $100k) and it was counter-offered?

@K-in-Boston, thanks! This was done online via the CLI link so they gave me what they thought I needed. I have been tempted to call and ask for the moon on occasion but feel like that's being too greedy at this point even if the limit will be used. If/when I do call and ask for a specific number I'll be sure to post about it

Tbf I think BofA expects some usage especially if you want to push the credit limits to the $99.9k total threshold. Then again BofA considers other relationships like ML when they do the math so maybe it evens out. I don't know if Socks does as well but they have access to  checking/deposit information since I have link several external accounts to my personal login so if that was in play it helped me

Message 15 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
Meh... old news, lol.

Congrats, bud. Happy I could offer any assistance.

I've also decided - unwillingly - to concede the race for highest AR limit, haha... oh well! Enjoy the triumph!

@imaximous, hahaha fair enough and thanks! Regarding the race I think it's fair to say we can call this a tie so drinks are on me 😂🍸

Message 16 of 27
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats !!

Nicely done

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 17 of 27
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

TEACH Us Oh Credit god your Data point ways
BIG 96K Congrats
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats 🎉

Message 19 of 27
Ontherise2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your amazing CL!  #goals

FICO Scores:
EX 715
TU 750
EQ 739
FICO 9 773
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.