Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Saga

Congrats on your US Bank AR approval!

Message 21 of 78
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I have found when dealing with US Bank, it is better to speak to a real person as opposed to their "automated" system.

Great card to have.  I was able to recon a cli prior to receiving the card (without another hp) and one after 6 months (with hp).

Went from a sl of $5k to $15k in less than a year.  

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 22 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. Looks like they're shipping my card UPS Overnight. Sweet!
Message 23 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congratulations on your approval and welcome to the club!  The box you'll receive tomorrow is one of the nicest you'll ever see for a credit card.  I got mine to churn last year, but since fell in love with the ease of always knowing I'll get at least 4.5% back using it with ApplePay, the minimal distance between AF and travel credit (and that $75 gap is easily made up for by the gogoinflight vouchers), and the extreme ease of use of redeeming for airfare: just buy your ticket and text them back REDEEM when they send the text and the credit is immediate.  As long as 3x mobile payment rewards stay on the card, it'll always be a keeper for me.

Message 24 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesomesauce!  Smiley Very Happy

Mine was as well... when you didn't mention it I didn't want to say anything that would put a damper on the moment, but I'm glad to hear you won't have to wait!

And @K-in-Boston is spot-on, the package is quite impressive - definitely the nicest credit card unboxing I've ever done.

Message 25 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks K. That's part of the reason I went for it instead of the CSR. I'll use the travel vouchers and I'll use the travel credit so it's providing positive value right out of the gate.
Message 26 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine was as well... when you didn't mention it I didn't want to say anything that would put a damper on the moment, but I'm glad to hear you won't have to

They told me that is would be USPS and it would take a few days...I was just parroting what the CSR said.  Smiley Indifferent

That said, <happy dance/> Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 78
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Congrats, @Anonymous !

...that sounds like it was worth cashing in a spade for...  Smiley Wink

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 28 of 78
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 29 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congratulations on your approval and welcome to the club!  The box you'll receive tomorrow is one of the nicest you'll ever see for a credit card.  I got mine to churn last year, but since fell in love with the ease of always knowing I'll get at least 4.5% back using it with ApplePay, the minimal distance between AF and travel credit (and that $75 gap is easily made up for by the gogoinflight vouchers), and the extreme ease of use of redeeming for airfare: just buy your ticket and text them back REDEEM when they send the text and the credit is immediate.  As long as 3x mobile payment rewards stay on the card, it'll always be a keeper for me.

To second K: Mobile pay is so easy. Samsung Pay is basically invincible when it comes to payment terminals. Such an easy card  to use. 

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.