Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Saga

Grats ZoomySmiley Happy
Message 41 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The myFICO Effect is in full force on the last page.  Smiley LOL

It's unlikely that I would have even known about the card without these forums.  It sure seems that this could be a FOTM card if it weren't for the existing customer requirement combined with newer stricter underwriting as it pertains to new accounts.

Message 42 of 78
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Shoegal, go for it! You are in the upper end of credit seeking for them but your scores are great too! Worst case you give it another go in 6 months, I love this card though!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 43 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston and @UncleB you're right.  It's beautiful.  I almost didn't want to take it out of the box.  Maybe it will live there once I'm over the swiping portion of my SUB...

Message 44 of 78
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Lol I was waiting for this. I actually went and got my box out (it still holds the paperwork) this afternoon. This was absolutely my dream card, the “you’re no longer rebuilding” card. I still remember finding out I was approved and the card coming. I still carry the card, just because it looks way too good to sit in a drawer, even though it doesn’t get swiped.

Congratulations on your approval! Very happy for you!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 45 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston and @UncleB you're right.  It's beautiful.  I almost didn't want to take it out of the box.  Maybe it will live there once I'm over the swiping portion of my SUB...

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm weird in that I still carry mine with me even though there's almost -0- chances of it being swiped, but it's just so darn handsome... maybe some of that will rub off on me, LOL!  Smiley Very Happy

Also, when you add it to the mobile wallet of your choice it will almost certainly require a phone call... this seems to be the case with most (if not all) USBank credit cards.  From past experience, it will be simpler if you've already swiped/dipped it a couple of times so they'll have two transactions to use to confirm your ID. 

With my Cash+ I didn't do this (I added it to Samsung Pay right away) and I had to be transferred to another department where a very friendly rep asked me some questions based on secondary bureaus... that's when I first realized how much they knew about me, LOL!  Smiley Surprised 

When I got the AR, I was sure to use it a couple of times before adding it to Samsung Pay and Google Pay to avoid that extra discussion (as painless as it was).  That call was easy-peasy. Smiley Happy

Once again, enjoy your new 'Precious'!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB I activated the card in the app, clicked "Add to Wallet", accepted the T&C, and that was it.  No phone call required.  Must be an Andriod thing...

Message 47 of 78
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB I activated the card in the app, clicked "Add to Wallet", accepted the T&C, and that was it.  No phone call required.  Must be an Andriod thing...

Zoomz.... 😐😒

Message 48 of 78
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats  ZZ !  Definately a card worth jumping ( or tunneling under ) the fence.

Just an observation but your approval thread has grown faster then the GC thread.  Maybe we should make this thread our new home

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 49 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh... the new app!  doh.gif

I didn't think about it having better capabilities... that's fantastic!  Smiley Very Happy

The call wasn't a problem by any means (they really are lovely to talk to) but I admit it was slightly annoying.  I'm don't see myself getting any additional USBank credit cards in the future but it's nice to know they finally resolved that 'friction point'!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 50 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.