Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Saga

tag
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Saga

Congratulations on your approval!!! Thanks for the DP’s.

Were you over 0/6 or 2/12 in new accounts opened when you applied?

Message 31 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

@nuohlac I was 1/6, 1/12, and 4/24 when I app'ed.

Message 32 of 78
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Super congrats, Zoomy! 🎉🎉🎉

I've been waiting patiently to apply for this one. I'm at 0/6, 1/12, 5/24. You're tempting me to go for it.

Message 33 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

I've been waiting patiently to apply for this one. I'm at 0/6, 1/12, 5/24. You're tempting me to go for it.

I feel like you are pretty good to go for that. I think I was 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 at the point of my application (and just barely as 2 cards just hit 2 years at that point). Obviously other things affect the application, but I would think you are in decent shape. 

Message 34 of 78
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me preface this:  I was holding out for the CSR, however, thanks to @Remedios@K-in-Boston, @UncleB, and @simplynoir I decided to go for the US Bank Altitude Reserve...

After the Schwab Platinum I knew I was going to go for a Visa Infinite card and, after talking to a few of my Garden Peeps, I settled on the USB Altitude Reserve.

As of Wednesday, November 15th, I wasn't a US Bank customer so I opened a Gold checking account.  After waiting the commensurate number of days I applied for the Altitude Reserve on Wednesday, November 20th. (I called to make sure I had waited long enough)  This was met with absolutely zero fanfare.  All I received was a "we received your application" splash screen.  No email, no text, nothing.  Zero, zip, nada.

So I waited...about 2 hours, at which point my impatience got the best of me.  I called the credit card applications number and, wouldn't you know it, the automated system didn't know who I was!  Luckily for me, the system automatically transferred me to a representative who informed me, "it is processing and you should hear back in the next day or two."

I made it all the way until Friday, November 22nd before I couldn't help myself and called back.  They give me the same spiel.  "Still processing..."

Fast forward to Wednesday, November 27th.  I was busy and surprising patient about the whole thing but enough was enough.  I called in the number again.  The system still doens't know who I am and once again transfers me.  Agent says they need to verify a few things before underwriting can deal with it.  We play a rousing game of twenty questions and, finally, they forward the app to underwriting who will get to it "within a few days".  I asked if I could have them review it immediately, the CSR said, "No." 

Since we're not into the holiday, I patiently (see neurotically checked the app for new accounts and my email for notifications) waited until this morning to call them back.  Ironically enough, I didn't check the app this morning since I was locked and loaded to call them and ask, what the FICO is taking so stinking long!  Much to my surprise, my fully charged attitude and bright smiling charm were for not.  After I was once again being insulted by the automated system, the agent tells me I've been approved!  So I open the app and wouldn't you know it, she was right.

Approved on Friday for $11,000.  As you can imagine, I'm pretty happy about the whole thing.  My only disappointments are: they didn't actually tell me I was approved in any way, I didn't get the card in time for the $1,300 I just spend on tires, and they shipped my card via USPS and I can't add it to Apple Pay until I receive the physical thing.  Other than that: <happy dance/>

Capture.JPG

TL; DR; US Bank is slow.  Approved for $11,000 after what seemed like an eternity.

Data Points

Income: Just shy of $100,000

FICO 8s: EQ 779, TU 759, EX 753 (Pulled TU)

Cranberry: 5%

n/x Status:  1/6, 1/12, and 4/24

@Anonymous

US BANK You are SLOW!!!

However US BANK YOU GOT BAT ATTACKED for $11K APPROVED!!! YES CONGRATS to you on the Illusive US BANK AlTiTuDe Reserve and Wonderful SL
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 35 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

@shoegal I'm not saying you should...but I'm not saying you shouldn't. 😉

Message 36 of 78
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 37 of 78
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@nuohlac I was 1/6, 1/12, and 4/24 when I app'ed.

Thanks, I am currently 0/6 and 8/12 or something like that. I think it's best to for me stay in the garden, read about your success and just dream for now. Congratulations again and I appreciate all of the DP feedback.

Message 38 of 78
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats
Message 39 of 78
calyx
Super Contributor

Big congrats!  Nice limit from them, too.

Y'all need to stop making me want this one - I'm busy trying to do other things Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.