cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Amex 365 Approval

Highlighted
New Contributor

US Bank Amex 365 Approval

Applied for the Amex 365 card online on 1/1/17 and received the 5-7 day message. The following Monday, called for my application status and was told it was a deniel. Then received a letter dated 1/10/17 from US Bank regarding income and mortgage payment amounts needing confirmation. The letter showed Transunion pulled with 658 score. Called US Bank today in the morning and gave them household income too. I was told that it would take 24-48 hours for decision. I called 6 hours later and was told that it was approved for $500. I said that was great but wanted to know if they could increase to $2,000 since I will add authorized user and there is not much use for small limit card. She said they will review and will have decision in 1-2 days. My card should arrive in 10 business days. Crossing my fingers. I am shocked that I was approved because I've read here that many people were approved with mid-700 scores. What are your experience with cli with US Bank?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Amex 365 Approval

@Nan425 wrote:

Applied for the Amex 365 card online on 1/1/17 and received the 5-7 day message. The following Monday, called for my application status and was told it was a deniel. Then received a letter dated 1/10/17 from US Bank regarding income and mortgage payment amounts needing confirmation. The letter showed Transunion pulled with 658 score. Called US Bank today in the morning and gave them household income too. I was told that it would take 24-48 hours for decision. I called 6 hours later and was told that it was approved for $500. I said that was great but wanted to know if they could increase to $2,000 since I will add authorized user and there is not much use for small limit card. She said they will review and will have decision in 1-2 days. My card should arrive in 10 business days. Crossing my fingers. I am shocked that I was approved because I've read here that many people were approved with mid-700 scores. What are your experience with cli with US Bank?

Congrats on getting in the door with them. They're notorious tightwads with their cards. Several stories on here about people applying for the Cash+ Visa Signature card and getting approved, only to be sent the lower-tier Visa Platinum, with $1,000 limits.

Ive also heard recently that if you keep your CLI requests under $1,500, it's a SP instead of their traditional HP. Someone who has one of their cards should be able to confirm that. 

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

They're reallllllllly conservative.. I had a Platinum Visa with them for a little over a year.. started at $750 when my score on Experian which they pulled was around 670 then they gave me $950 when my scores were 720+!!!! They wouldn't budge after that always stating something dumb like "lack of installment loan" as the only reason for CLI denial so I closed them out.
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Why even bother with them?
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My favorite card and my favorite bank. (Well... tied with Discover maybe)

They are much less conservative for customers who have a relationship with them versus only having a credit card.

They have given me 2 auto CLI in 6 months. Plus a LOC preapproval of 5k. I have 5 bank accounts with them tho on top of my CC and PLOC.
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Wow, dj, 5 bank accounts, can i have one? Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Well.... you are one of my favorites in here since you can make me laugh... so .... well..... um..... sure! Why not.

Which one? I have 2 Checking and 3 Money Markets.

In all honesty... I have said before if ppl have a USB CC they should open a Gold Package Checking and Savings. It's free since you have a CC... no min balance requirements or fees... so throw $5 in Checking and $5 in the MM.
Then you have a relationship besides a CC. My SO did this and as soon as he did an auto CLI when the next Statement post. Now... would he have got that anyway? Idk. He was denied one the week before he opened the gold package. I learned of this back when I got my USB Cash+ card. I was denied and wrote a letter to an "UW Supervisor" and when she called me she asked me if I would be willing to open a gold package if she approved me. I said sure. She never told me that I needed to or that it helps... but I took it that way based on how she asked me and our conversation.

Anyway... take it for what it is worth. Smiley Happy
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

Called this morning and they said that my credit limit was approved for $2000! Very happy and excited that US Bank is letting me in.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.