Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLI LUV!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank CLI LUV!!

Really weird series of events folks,

Called the number on the back of my USBank 365 asked for a CLI increase, he asked what I was looking to increase to I told him $1000 lol. I asked a few times if it would be SP or HP he seemed really unsure I went with my gut and told him to submit it since I've heard about the $1500 rule around here for USBank. Of course he said an instant decision could not be made and that it would be forwarded to underwriting. Pretty much knew right there that it was going to be a hard pull but at the time report freezes weren't free so I sucked it up and took the loss. To make matters worse about 13 days later in the mail I received a letter informing me that I was declined I don't even remember the reasons for denial to be honest but I did call and try to recon underwriting and it was actually really funny he read right through me "Why would we extend you more credit when your biggest balance has been $57" the way he said it all I could do was laugh inside and he made a good point so we hung up and I left it be.

Fast forward about two weeks ago I was online on my account and was looking for a CLI request for my Cash Plus nowhere on US Bank's website is there a link I was told to call the number on the back of my card or use the ancient link, I called this time but with my reports frozen so had nothing to lose asked for $1500 instantly approved he said I'll be honest that happens 1 out of 100 times he specifically said he almost always has to transfer CLIs to underwriting. Told him thanks and hung up.

Immediately logged on to my account and it was there available credit $3k then I clicked on my AMEX and there was a LUV button took me to the ancient link again all reports frozen so no harm no foul filled it out went pending totally forgot about it until today when I went to pay my bills and it said Available Credit "$6500" so it took as well, really happy right now only $3k but two CLI requests on two different cards on the same day was pretty cool I thought.

BUT I want to take this further, I marked down the days for both requests and will be trying the same method in 30 days 60 days 90 days 180 days and after 360 days I will keep this thread updated as I have nothing better to do and because there isn't alot of DPs for US Bank. Hope this helps someone, someday.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank CLI LUV!!

Just tried this, after holding for 19 minutes for a rep to come on the line, only asked for $1000 and got 7-10 day message. 

Will try again when card is 1 year old (might unfreeze CRs then too),  if denied then too, maybe it's bye bye USB, who really needs a Visa Signature card with a $500 limit anyway  Smiley Happy hahah. Ah well, you win some you lose some. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just tried this, after holding for 19 minutes for a rep to come on the line, only asked for $1000 and got 7-10 day message. 

Will try again when card is 1 year old (might unfreeze CRs then too),  if denied then too, maybe it's bye bye USB, who really needs a Visa Signature card with a $500 limit anyway  Smiley Happy hahah. Ah well, you win some you lose some. 

Doesn't mean denial, mine were frozen and my Amex 365 is only 6-7 months old it went pending like I said no email no letter just checked my account one day and the funds were there! Good luck I hope you get some LUV.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Really weird series of events folks,

Called the number on the back of my USBank 365 asked for a CLI increase, he asked what I was looking to increase to I told him $1000 lol. I asked a few times if it would be SP or HP he seemed really unsure I went with my gut and told him to submit it since I've heard about the $1500 rule around here for USBank. Of course he said an instant decision could not be made and that it would be forwarded to underwriting. Pretty much knew right there that it was going to be a hard pull but at the time report freezes weren't free so I sucked it up and took the loss. To make matters worse about 13 days later in the mail I received a letter informing me that I was declined I don't even remember the reasons for denial to be honest but I did call and try to recon underwriting and it was actually really funny he read right through me "Why would we extend you more credit when your biggest balance has been $57" the way he said it all I could do was laugh inside and he made a good point so we hung up and I left it be.

Fast forward about two weeks ago I was online on my account and was looking for a CLI request for my Cash Plus nowhere on US Bank's website is there a link I was told to call the number on the back of my card or use the ancient link, I called this time but with my reports frozen so had nothing to lose asked for $1500 instantly approved he said I'll be honest that happens 1 out of 100 times he specifically said he almost always has to transfer CLIs to underwriting. Told him thanks and hung up.

Immediately logged on to my account and it was there available credit $3k then I clicked on my AMEX and there was a LUV button took me to the ancient link again all reports frozen so no harm no foul filled it out went pending totally forgot about it until today when I went to pay my bills and it said Available Credit "$6500" so it took as well, really happy right now only $3k but two CLI requests on two different cards on the same day was pretty cool I thought.

BUT I want to take this further, I marked down the days for both requests and will be trying the same method in 30 days 60 days 90 days 180 days and after 360 days I will keep this thread updated as I have nothing better to do and because there isn't alot of DPs for US Bank. Hope this helps someone, someday.

Hello - just curious, what does the AMEX luv button look like / where is it? I guess if it were available to me I would have seen it somewhere, since I have 5 cards with them I'm on the site all the time. But I also want to be thorough and make sure I'm not missing it :-)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello - just curious, what does the AMEX luv button look like / where is it? \

Go to: ACCOUNT SERVICES

Next:  CARD MANAGEMENT

Next:  Increase Your Credit Limit -- about 1/2 way down the page. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect - thanks! I do see it on each of my revolver menus. Does the presence of the link suggest that the CLI has a better-than-average chance of going through? Unfortunately, I have not had good sucess w AMEX when it comes to CLI...never received the 3X on my first card, BCP, opened Jan 2018. Then added both the Platinum Delta and the Cash Magnet in August 2018. Tried for 3x CLI on Delta on 91st day and was declined. In one year - 2018 - I added 5 AMEX cards to my portfolio. Revolvers have moderate SLs, and the Platinum has a POT of $30K. I guess they like throwing me cards, but not CLIs so much. Even now when I check for pre-approved card offers, I have a couple more AMEX products showing pre-approved....WEIRD! Haven't pulled the trigger because 1) I think I'm in deep/saturated w AMEX, and 2) would like to look at other products eventually. But more importantly, I really want to increase my CLs on the revolvers.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Perfect - thanks! I do see it on each of my revolver menus. Does the presence of the link suggest that the CLI has a better-than-average chance of going through? 

Cool. Glad you found it. 

No. It's just there. For everyone, including those like me who will never get a bowl of Amex CLI soup. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI !!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. Well - at least I know where it is, for future reference. Not sure I’ll ever experience that bowl ‘o luv. :-) In the meantime, I’ll keep plugging away at the fundamentals.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.