Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLI

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

US Bank CLI

Chase and Discover seem to like me.  Amex and US Bank are willing to approve me, but don't like me very much.  Until today...

I requested a CLI on my REI Visa the day after Christmas via the US Bank website after charging and paying $500 on the card this month.  REI had a good deal going that netted me $100 worth of gift cards for buying my new ski bindings and the REI Visa gives me an extra 5% dividend on REI purchases.  I netted over $180 back on the purchase between the gift cards and dividend.

Last time I requested a CLI, US Bank denied me because the account was too new.  This time, I expected they would do the same.  The card is still under 6 months old.  Instead, I got an alert of a Transunion inquiry on the 28th (Equifax and Experian are frozen - apparently, you can use freezes to redirect a US Bank inquiry).  At first, I was a bit pissed.  Why would they pull if the account was too new to grant a CLI?  I signed into my account today to see that they had given me the increase I requested!

Now, Amex is the last holdout - everyone else is willing to give me $5,000 or more on a card.  Amex gets a chance to bump me up on February 6.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank CLI

Congratulations!!!  US Bank always pulls EQ report for me.  Can I ask how much CLI did you get and what your credit score is?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
djrez4
Established Contributor

$2,500 -> $5,000

TU FICO 721 pre-inquiry.  CK dropped 4 points from the pull.

Message 3 of 4
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Now that your CL is at $5000, you could call in and request them to PC your card to USBank Cash Plus. You can get 5% cash back on select categories including Bill Pay.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.