Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ $10,000 SP CLI!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+ $10,000 SP CLI!!!

I opened up a Cash+ VS last year when it was the FOTM. SL was $10,000, $100/$500 bonus and .5% extra in every category for the first year. It was a pretty sweet deal and luckily everything hit as expected, and still raking in on the extra .5%. It's about 9 months old now and thought about a CLI. I had read that you can sometimes ask for a SP CLI over the phone for about $1,500 max, but anything over would likely be a hard pull. On 7/5 I called and asked for a CLI and was insistent that if it required a HP to not do anything (this is hit or miss with these agents). 

I must just be falling thru every possible USB crack because I checked my account online on 07/06 and the limit was now $20,000 Smiley Happy with no HP. A HP may randomly pop up over the next few days but I've noticed with USB once the 'change' has happened, nothing follows so I may be in the clear. For now I've managed to double my limit from $10k to $20k with no HP!! Woo-Hoo!!

I'm going to chalk this one up to a YMMV situation. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 12.20.21 PM.png

18 REPLIES 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ $10,000 SP CLI!!!

WHOA!! Not too shabby, and nice way to start the weekend! CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Wow- Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 19
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks All!

It’s been 3 days since the app and still no HP. I think I squeezed by with this one Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update OP.  I think you definitely got through it unscathed; well done!  Congrats on the CLI.

USB has not treated me as kindly.  As a datapoint, I requested a $1,500 CLI online which resulted in a HP and was denied.  Two weeks later, they gave me an auto CLI of $2,000.  Someone must have seen the failed request and felt bad Smiley LOL

I hope they keep treating you well!

Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, I'll chalk it up to your credit is crackSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 19
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks KonamiCode! I’ve noticed my “relationship” with them is a bit more emotional than most banks lol

I’m glad they ended up turning it around for you with your CLI; I battled with only asking for $1,500 to make sure it was a SP, but since I really wanted to increase this one anyway I was prepared to give up a HP. Just stoked that I didn’t have to. Im sure they’ll probably nab me with a double-pull on my next app lol
Message 8 of 19
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks Joe! I’m almost (ALMOST) regretting not asking for $25k like I’ve done with every other bank lol but since it’s at $20k I won’t wine about regrets lol for now
Message 9 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats CIC. That cli just might be the coup of the year. 😉💰

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.