cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ #3 and other CLIs

tag
Eldolche

US Bank Cash+ #3 and other CLIs

Long time no see FICO forums. The last few years I've been racking up oodles of student loans to get my doctorate. Along the way I opened a few new lines like a modest 4600 limit us bank cash + and got rejected twice for the new Uber rewards visa card, instant, recon via phone but got aporoved after a recon letter and 2 more phone calls..

But now a new leaf has been turned. I've finally started earning a big boy paycheck I figured I'd go on a bit of a spree.

I updated all my income information on all my accounts. And receieved just 2 increases. Discover has increased me to 18,000 and my CITI Double cash got bumped up a bit if I remember correctly. This was a month or two ago.

Sadly chase wants a hard pull and so does BOA so is till have tiny 1000/1900 boa limits and 22/2500 chase limits. Don't want to risk the hard pull due to my higher debt to income ratio since I haven't started paying down loans.

Now on to the big exciting part. I went into US bank, My primary Bank, to make a small deposit of some cash I got from family. I asked "What do I need to do to open another checking account so I can move my money around". They have me sit and wait for the banker to be free.
She calls me over and asks what she can do for me I explain the situation and is looking at me weird and she's like omg you're the guy I helped with the notary stuff right? And I'm like ya that's me. She states "ya after you left last time I told all the tellers you were a pharmacist and a smart kid" she said this loud so I could see some of the tellers look over so I wave to them and say "ya most people see me and think I'm a pot head that lives in my parents basement (long shaggy hair, wear basketball shorts and oversized shirts, 6ft+, just a giant goof ball). Everyone laughs and we move on with the account opening. Sorry for the story just thought it was funny she talked about me the last time I was in there.

She starts opening the account we make small talk about why I want another account. Why it'd be free for me blah blah blah. And then just as we're finishing up it prompts her to ask me if I'd like to look at a pre-qualified offer made it me. I hesitate cuz I presume I'll get rejected because of my high debt. She states she has never seen one decline on a pre-qualified offer. So I say ya let's do it. She tries to sell me on other cards and I state I only want another Cash+. We sit and wait while the wheel spins and I put in my income. wheel spins more and she says "wallah approved".
Me "oh what's my credit line"
Her " twenty three thousand"
Me *jaw hits the floor and sit up real straight in my chair* "do you mean 2300?"
Her "no 23500"
Me "well awesome, can't wait for the new card to arrive"
Her "ya it should come in the next week or so but sometimes on larger credit lines they send it out faster"

Sorry for the long post I just miss this forum and hope to be more active now that I'm done with school

It's been a while but it feels good to get an approval.

All typed on phone so Im sorry for poor formatting, grammar, and spelling.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ #3 and other CLIs

Wow! Massive SL and great story to go along with it. Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

That's an awesome outcome! Welcome back and congratulations! Thanks for sharing.🙂

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the amazing approval! $23,500...not too shabby!

tenor.gif

Message 4 of 9
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

love this card. very underrated. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 5 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The story was GREAT -- thank you for making the time to share it.

Do you have some DPs on your Fico scores & which one(s) were used?

And Congrats! E on an awesome approval. 

Message 7 of 9
Eldolche

They pulled TU and the score I got on my "the price you pay for credit" sheet from US bank was 749.

My fako scores from CK are TU 775 and EQ 786
Utilization of rotating is always 0-1%
Debt / income is not good due to student loans
Since it's my personal bank they know how much I have in ally accounts. Roughly 11k at time of approval. Loan payments and rent hadn't come out at this point for the month.
Oldest line: 8 years 3 month
Average age 3 years 7 months
Newest account 6 months (Uber visa)
Previous highest CL 18K discover

I think that's all he common DPs. Any others let me know
Message 8 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

WOW! Amazing starting line- congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.