cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank - Cash 365 AMEX approval!

Highlighted
Contributor

US Bank - Cash 365 AMEX approval!

I recently joined the Amex family with a BCP card in October.  This was my first new card in about a year.  Received instant approval for $2k (I plan to 3x on day 61 in a couple weeks).  I love the cash back deals, and I've been using the card like crazy.

We bank with US Bank and I got an pre-approved offer to apply for their Cash 365 Amex, so I figured I'd add another Amex to the wallet.  It's got 2% cash back on all purchases for the first year, then 1.5 after that.  I know that US Bank is very conservative, as they gave me a $500 flex perks card a few years back and I have only used it a couple of times because of the low limit.

I decided to pull the trigger on the online application tonight, but wasn't expecting anything but the 7-10 day message that I've read so much about here on the MyFICO forums and the low credit limits that everyone has been issued.

I entered my info, hit the button and to my shock...  INSTANT APPROVAL WITH 10K limit!!!!!!!!!  I was totally shocked to say the least.  I'm looking forward to the ease of paying the bill right from my US Bank checking account and continuing to build a solid banking relationship with them.

myfico.com

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank - Cash 365 AMEX approval!

Congrats on your approval! I just got the Cash+ and was also instantly approved with a $10k SL.

Discover It $23.5k
Citi DC WEMC $16.8k
USBank Cash+ VS $12k
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Just curious... how long did it take to show the account information in your online banking login?  I can see the card number there now, it zeros for all of the card data except the last 4 digits.

@Redbeetle wrote:

Congrats on your approval! I just got the Cash+ and was also instantly approved with a $10k SL.

myfico.com

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@tenthirtytwo wrote:

Just curious... how long did it take to show the account information in your online banking login?  I can see the card number there now, it zeros for all of the card data except the last 4 digits.

@Redbeetle wrote:

It showed up when I got the email, but with the same info that yours is showing. Once I activated the card, everything else showed on the next day.

Discover It $23.5k
Citi DC WEMC $16.8k
USBank Cash+ VS $12k
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

myfico.com

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your cards especially the US Bank SL!

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

10k gratsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Member

@tenthirtytwo wrote:

I recently joined the Amex family with a BCP card in October.  This was my first new card in about a year.  Received instant approval for $2k (I plan to 3x on day 61 in a couple weeks).  I love the cash back deals, and I've been using the card like crazy.

We bank with US Bank and I got an pre-approved offer to apply for their Cash 365 Amex, so I figured I'd add another Amex to the wallet.  It's got 2% cash back on all purchases for the first year, then 1.5 after that.  I know that US Bank is very conservative, as they gave me a $500 flex perks card a few years back and I have only used it a couple of times because of the low limit.

I decided to pull the trigger on the online application tonight, but wasn't expecting anything but the 7-10 day message that I've read so much about here on the MyFICO forums and the low credit limits that everyone has been issued.

I entered my info, hit the button and to my shock...  INSTANT APPROVAL WITH 10K limit!!!!!!!!!  I was totally shocked to say the least.  I'm looking forward to the ease of paying the bill right from my US Bank checking account and continuing to build a solid banking relationship with them.

@tenthirtytwo  I'm not sure if the USBank amex or other bank branded amex are good for the 3x CLI trick as regular Amex cards are.

Starting scores (08/01/2016): TU: 471, EX: 441, EQ: 409
FICO (10/13/2017): TU: 676, EX: 670, EQ: 680
FICO (3/23/2018): TU: 715, EX: 701, EQ: 697

Current FICO (4/7/2018): TU: 713, EX: 726, EQ: 728

Goals: TU: 750, EX: 750, EQ: 750
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.