Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+, Amex BCP, Penfed Gold Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+, Amex BCP, Penfed Gold Approvals

I've been gardening for about 7 months and decided it was time to add a few more cards.

US Bank Cash+ was my next goal card and had been denied back in late May 19'. Upon recon attempt the rep said if i was aggressive at paying down my debt there would be a very good chance of being approved in 6 months. I had about $8k on cards at the time but $12k actually was reporting due to a balance transfer of $4k and my credit report not updating both accounts. F8 TU score was 725ish then.  Shortly after the denial i opened a checking with them and set up direct deposit of $200 weekly and just left it there.  In Jan, while out on the road trucking I apped again. This time my debt was under $4k and F8 TU score was 745. Instant approval from my phone. $15,000 sl with 18.49% apr. 

New accounts 0-6, 3-12. TU Inq 9-24, 0/6  Utli 4% AAoA 1y6m

Next i app'd the Amex Blue Cash Preferred and it went pending. I had to call in to verify my address. Approved... and when i got home found out the limit was $17,600!!! 22.49% apr. They matched my highest limit from Disco... Yes, i love Amex...

Experian SP 735. 

After coming in for some hometime to renew my CDL and grab my new cards i also found a letter from Penfed. It was offering the gold card at an apr of 14.49%. I'm not a member and have never tried to apply. After doing some reading up on Penfed i figured it was a solid offer but could go either way. I read a few posts where people who were not members received mail offers and some were approved while others were not. Penfed even put up the $5 for the membership in some cases. Another card is not what i needed or wanted at this time but i for sure wanted to get in with them at some point for possible auto and mortgage loans in the future.  

I decided to apply yesterday and after filling things out on their penfed.org/accept page it just went back to the main page.. The page stated that after filling it out it would then go to where i could set up membership but it didn't...  I figured i would wait for a call or email.. the next day i got a email that stated i turned off e-messages at Penfed. Okay? I don't even have an account yet.. So, i decided to try and create an account. Well, it let me create one without being in the military or even paying the $5myself. I immediately went to the apps section and saw my application and it said approved for $8,750 but needed me to call in as there was a "address mismatch". After 15 minutes on hold a nice rep had me verify my address and then played the 20 questions game. I assume from a Lexus Nexus file. That's when i started to worry. LN has errors in it and sometimes creditors ask me things from 25 years ago... She started to fire away questions and after 3 "none of the above" answers in a row i felt that this was going to end badly... but the next 2 i knew for sure... then another one about a car... it was a make and model i had registered and insured for my sister 10 years ago. I made sure to tell the rep i never owned or financed said vehicle but i did have it registered and insured... she said ok, let me look..  she must have liked my answer...  i was put on hold again for about 10 minutes and was relieved when she came back and said APPROVED!   Not sure of the EQ score they pull but the F8 EQ is 749 with a 2% util. Now it's time to garden for about 14 months... 

Screenshot (19).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (23).pngScreenshot (25).png

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+, Amex BCP, Penfed Gold Approvals

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! 👍

Message 4 of 16
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 16
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Big Congrats!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice spree. Congrats!

Message 7 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on all of your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 16
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Some nice pick ups there!!! Congratulations !!!!

Message 9 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.