Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash + Approval

I would say (and as has been mentioned often) USB is very slow. After getting the pre-approval offer on their website, I applied probably 10 days ago and got the "7-10 day" response. About 5 days later, snail mail from USB asking me to call for verification. Called and answered a few questions and was told a decision would be made in a few days. Got an email two days ago saying "Welcome to the U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card. Now comes the easy part — use your card and be rewarded for your purchases...

Now, after hearing stories of folks getting $500 limits, I wasn't sure what to expect. This morning i get my daily delivery email from the USPS, and one of the pictures is an envelope from Fargo, ND. Figure this must be the card so i go to my post office and find the envelope in my box. The drumroll is rumbling in my head as i slowly peel off the card to see what my limit is....$5,000. Not great, but not awful either, especially for having no relationship whatsover with USB.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash + Approval

Congrats on $5k!  What's your oldest account and your AAoA?  TU FICO?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call and confirm bonus offer is attached to your account ? You better do it ,there are cases including mine where they suddenly cant seem to find the offer. I have faxed the screen shots and havent heard back yet

Message 3 of 9
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

$5k is definitely better than $500! Congrats on the approval! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on beating the $500 conveyor belt of SLs! If you are used to having higher CLs and your income supports it, won't hurt to call underwriting and see if they can increase it. 

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your US Bank Cash plus your approvalSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on $5k!  What's your oldest account and your AAoA?  TU FICO?

Oldest account is a 12 year old local CU that i haven’t used in ages. Next would be my Chase Freedom from 2011 or so. All other cards are three years or less. I’d say 10 in this calendar year alone with 8 of those in the past 6 months or so....

@Anonymous @749 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on beating the $500 conveyor belt of SLs! If you are used to having higher CLs and your income supports it, won't hurt to call underwriting and see if they can increase it. 

Ha! Probably come off as some blue blood snob looking down at a 5k limit. I may call in to see about an increase. Otherwise, it’s fine really. And certainly not my lowest limit for sure *cough Discover cough*

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on your US Bank Cash plus your approvalSmiley Wink

thank you my fine average friend! i may have to check out this garden you kids talk about now.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.