Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approval

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approval

Congratulations on being approved for a great card! The 5% categories complement my Discover it Cash Back very nicely, and I’m especially pleased about getting 5% back on utilities and cellular, as they’re my two biggest expenses after groceries.
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pairing it with my Discover it for 5% categories was the main reason, since my PayPal CB is my everyday spend for that 2%
Message 13 of 25
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

I’m doing pretty much the same thing, with the Citi Double Cash as my 2% daily driver. I hope it serves you as well as it’s serving me!
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

Here's a bit of a fun update. Applied Friday, March 1st via the online "pre-approved" got an "offer" accepted, said approved online. Saturday I got the "Congratulations blah blah, receive card within 10 days" on the automated system. Yesterday, while in the middle of typing on the forums, I got a call from US Bank's fraud department to verify the number on the application was mine, and it was me. All the agencies are STILL only listing my google voice and not my cell... Anyway, confirmed it, and then overnight finally got the approved email, which says receive card within 4 business days, w00t.

Now, the question becomes... When my card comes in, do I leave as is, or do I try to recon for a slightly higher CL?

Message 16 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What are your current scores? How is your income? I think by looking at your current profile, you should be able to objectively look at the recon angle and decide if its worth it. If its not another hp, then you dont have too much to lose . Good luck if you go for itSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What are your current scores? How is your income? I think by looking at your current profile, you should be able to objectively look at the recon angle and decide if its worth it. If its not another hp, then you dont have too much to lose . Good luck if you go for itSmiley Happy

From what I've read, people who have reconed for the infamous $500 CL, they use the app HP instead of a new one if you call in right when you get it. At the time my TU was 736 when I app'd for US Bank. 

Message 18 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id say go for it!. Maybe keep it conservy and ask for 5k?
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Id say go for it!. Maybe keep it conservy and ask for 5k?

$5k was what I intended to ask for. Letting them know I intend to use it as a daily spend might help... Maybe?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.