Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approved!

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Approved!

I was kicking myself because I planned to garden after applying and getting approved for two new cards a couple months ago, but I went ahead and took the HP last week for the US Bank Cash+.  DENIED.  Should have know as their site did not preapprove me for it.

So, I took the advice of this forum and called recon.  The rep barely even spoke to me.  All I got to ask was "I was hoping you could reconsider..." when he interupted, put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said I'd find out in a few days.  That was it.  Hung up.

I've been beating myself up a bit for wasting a HP on what felt like a clear denial when I should have stayed in the darn garden to begin with.  Decided to call today after seeing somebody else's approval post and BAM, I was approved!  

Stats: 

FICO8 was 675 across the board

4HP

44% utilization at the time

Zero late payments

3 baddie medical collections from 2014

AoOA 15.5 years

AAoA 6.5 years

I'm anticipating a teeny $500 CL, but I'm cool with that for now.  I'm not looking to keep balances on it.  I''d like to use this card for the utilities category and PIF each month.

Now I'm gardening.  For real.   I'm excited to responsibily use these cards for the rewards (will PIF each month), but even more excited to see how fast my FICO8 will go up now that I have a kickbutt plan to get all cards PIF within a year.  I'm already down to 36% utilization since my application, and down from 66% in December 2018.

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approved!

A great card to have. Grats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Its an excellent card to have in your wallet.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your US Bank Cash+ approval! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval mate, you will love that cardSmiley LOLHeartCongratulations_misti.gif

Message 5 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on approval !!!!

Message 7 of 14
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new card!!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Stay in the garden!

Message 9 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval!!!

I am tempted to jump the Garden fence to app that Card!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.