Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Limit Increase & Data Point/info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Limit Increase & Data Point/info

Link to prior CLI thread.

Roughly six months since last CLI on US Bank Cash+. Saw some others having success today so gave it a roll. Instant increase of $5000 to new limit of $11000. It was more than I expected and I'm happy that it carried the limit over $10k.

basic datapoints:

Account opened January 2019, $1000 starting limit reconned to $3000. Soft Pull CLI December 2019 to $6000. Soft Pull CLI July 1, 2020 to $11000. 788 to 796 FICO8 range. 2 TU inquiries in last year. No new accounts since December 2019. $0 balance. Few hundred monthly spend, PIF. 2 to 3% aggregate UTL.

Possibly important datapoint:  last increase was on 12/7/19. I tried a few weeks ago,  around the 8th to the 10th of June, and got a rejection letter saying that it hadn't been six months since the last increase... Yeah, um, okay. Tried today and bam, increase. This makes me think that there's a possibility that US Bank may like you to wait until the start of the 7th month after the last increase. This wouldn't surprise me given that they also like to report on the last day of the month.

Maybe others can shed some light on that possibility based on their own dates.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Limit Increase & Data Point/info

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 2 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  Yes, their definition of 6 months means "not until the month following 6 months."  I had a CLI on my Cash+ on the 5th of June last year, tried on the 17th of December and got sent the "6 months" letter.  Waited a few weeks until it was January and instantly approved.  You (and me and the other 50 people posting about US Bank today LOL) will next be eligible on the 1st of February.

Message 3 of 15
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 5 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your US Bank Cash+ CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Another USocks CLI! Congrats!

Message 7 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Great DPs @Anonymous . Congrats!

When I go online, the request says that they will pull a report. Did you request online? If so, did you see the same verbiage?

Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet it is now a premium card, congrats on it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

Great DPs @Anonymous . Congrats!

When I go online, the request says that they will pull a report. Did you request online? If so, did you see the same verbiage?

It did warn that they it may be a hard pull that impacts your score. Same thing last December. Both, thankfully, were soft pulls. I get alerts from two or three different places when a new inquiry hits and nothing so far.

@K-in-Boston, thanks for the reply and info. Mark us all down for that internet-distance CLI party in February!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.