Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Plus $15k approval! Utilities 5% here I come! Stats:

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash Plus $15k approval! Utilities 5% here I come! Stats:

I’ve gotten some great cards in the last couple months but none have a fat 5% on utilities like the US Bank Cash Plus! I couldn’t resist! Instant $15,000 credit line online approval! 🎉 They only pulled TransUnion! I read that applying for their free gold checking account (free if you add a credit card to your profile) will help a credit card application go through. I also checked the prequel website and I was preapproved for this card. I was a bit gun shy because I have two inquiries on my Equifax, one Experian and none on TransUnion. I have been on a spree after a few years in the garden and have gotten 4 new cards all with high credit lines 🤗 my util is 10%, income $150k, scores below. I have never had a banking relationship with us bank and have never burned a bank or card so I think my profile is good to them. I was also concerned that I’m a authorized user on and Elan card for $14k which us bank owns but obviously it didn’t matter. ALSO: when I got to the page of cards offered to me the cash plus wasn’t immediately there, I had to scroll down and click “show me more card” I clicked that and selected the cash plus. It seems they’re pushing their travel cards more.

I will I’ll be putting the full $2k per quarter on the utilities and picking a secondary 5% category that I’ll be using to the max as well. I’ll be happy to take the $150 bonus I’ll be getting as well.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash Plus $15k approval! Utilities 5% here I come! Stats:

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 2 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Wow!! Congrats on the grabbing the Cash+ and getting a fantastic SL!!😊

Oh and by the way, the bonus may actually be $175. You'll receive the other $25 on a Visa Gift card.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhhh reallly! *sinister evil scientist voice* where do you see the $175? 🤩

Message 4 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Once you receive the card and register it online. You'll have an option to receive the $25 Gift card. They'll mail it to you in a couple of weeks.
Hopefully USbank is still offering it. I haven't seen anyone post that they stopped.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well heck yeah! Who wouldn’t want free money! Anyone get this lately?
Message 6 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the amazing SL and approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, that’s an epic approval! 👏 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, that’s an epic approval! 👏 

Congrats! Don't forget Cable and Streaming starting 4/1(unless it's an April Fool's joke)!

Message 9 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new card.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.