cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Reward approved, Chase Biz denied.

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash Reward approved, Chase Biz denied.

So I got approved four cards for the past two weeks, you can check my previous posts for more details. This and this.  So today I checked my app for US Bank Cash+, and was told I was approved, though I knew it was most likely the Cash Reward card. Called the Recon number and was told I was approved for the Cash Reward card of $1500K CL. Never mind, I will dump about $4.5K on it each month and  apply for a CLI in three months and another one in six month so I can PC it to a Cash+ Visa Sig card. And this is my fifth credit card approved within two weeks.

Also applied for the Chase Ink Bold Biz card, got instantly denied, called Recon today, and was told that it was not possible they gave me the card no matter how well my business were going on, and I realized there was absolutely no chance for me immediately she mentioned my newly opened four credit cards, which I didn't expect to show up on the report so soon, not to mention the 25 inquiries on my TU report alone and the less than 2 year credit history. So I just expressed my gratitude and hung up, not willing to waste any more time on this Mission Impossible, however, I also feel deeply relived because I finally maxed out all my credit file and became no longer itchy about any credit cards in the near future, fully aware that any app within six month is just suicide.

Smiley Very Happy Finally the app spree comes to an end.

Another thing I've learnt this time is that if you plan to apply for several cards within a relatively short time, say two months, then it would be better to apply them all together at the same day. Because the Credit Analyst  can only see you have several new inquiries but he/she doesn't know that, unless these cards are from the same lender, you have been approved for several new cards, which would generally make lenders more nervous than ONLY only showing the inquireis.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: US Bank Cash Reward approved, Chase Biz denied.

Message 2 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Good luck getting the Cash+. But its not just a matter of getting your credit limit higher. I was denied this month and granted a 6.5K limit on a Cash Rewards card instead. This after being a banking customer of theirs for a few years. I figure the problem is mainly the short credit history.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 7
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Good luck getting the Cash+. But its not just a matter of getting your credit limit higher. I was denied this month and granted a 6.5K limit on a Cash Rewards card instead. This after being a banking customer of theirs for a few years. I figure the problem is mainly the short credit history.

I too was denied for the Cash+ but got the Cash Rewards with the same CL.  They call me to call in 6 months and ask to upgrade to the Cash+.  I called 5 months later and got upgraded to the Cash+ instantly.  It's a good card, but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

So I got approved four cards for the past two weeks, you can check my previous posts for more details. This and this.  So today I checked my app for US Bank Cash+, and was told I was approved, though I knew it was most likely the Cash Reward card. Called the Recon number and was told I was approved for the Cash Reward card of $1500K CL. Never mind, I will dump about $4.5K on it each month and  apply for a CLI in three months and another one in six month so I can PC it to a Cash+ Visa Sig card. And this is my fifth credit card approved within two weeks.

Also applied for the Chase Ink Bold Biz card, got instantly denied, called Recon today, and was told that it was not possible they gave me the card now no matter how well my business is going on, and I know there was absolutely no chance for me the minute she told me she saw my newly opened four credit cards on my credit report, not to mention the 25 inquiries on my TU report alone and less than 2 year credit history. So I just expressed my gratitude and hung up, not willing to waste any more time on this Mission Impossible and feel deeply relived because I finally maxed out all my credit file and don't feel itchy about credit app in the near future, fully aware that any app within six month is just suicide for me.

Smiley Very Happy Finally the app spree comes to an end, at least for now.

CONGRATS on your US bank approval!!!

Now is the time to join the Garden and make some real goals for your credit!!! Hope to see you there!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I too was denied for the Cash+ but got the Cash Rewards with the same CL.  They call me to call in 6 months and ask to upgrade to the Cash+.  I called 5 months later and got upgraded to the Cash+ instantly.  It's a good card, but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

They told me to wait 4-5 months.

Thanks for the information.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 7
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

They may have simply decided to tighten the approval of Cash+, so you have to bump your CL a little higher, say 8K. I have never heard of anyone with a 8K+ CL Cash Reward got rejected by US Bank to PC yet.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.