Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VISA Signature $500 SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ VISA Signature $500 SL

D'OH! Totally forgot I applied for this card during this failed spree - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Denied-Denied-and-Denied/td-p/5161906

Got a letter from them on Tuesday asking me to call them for some verification. Got around to calling them yesterday. I thought they would need to verify my income or job status but apparently it was only my email. Nice CSR told me it would be looked at in 24 hours and I should expect a letter in 10 business days. Even though I read when they ask for verification it's usually a good thing, due to the 3 recent denials I had low expectations. Called app status line today and to my surprise the recording said I was approved! Talked to a CSR to ask for my SL and it was $500. Totally good with that, good with anything after that bad run of denials. Oh and this came with the spend $500 in 3 months and get $150 welcome bonus. Happy to say I've added my 4th CC to my wallet!! Even with this success I am still committed to gardening for a good 6 months.

Any tips or tricks for this card? Like when/how often to ask for a CLI?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ VISA Signature $500 SL

Congrats! I have seen that the 500$ SL is common recently with the Cash+. Some members have successfully asked for a higher limit at a HP cost though YMMV.
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! As mentioned by @ShatteredK, it will cost you a HP to increase the limit. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it still a Sig if the limit is only $500? 

Message 4 of 17
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting approved. But I’m not sure about another HP if you request a higher SL on your initial approval.
I applied last week and was approved for $5k. I called to ask for $10k and it went to UW review. 2 days later, I called again for a status update and it was denied due to too many new accounts opened, but it didn’t cost me a second hp.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximouswrote:
Congrats on getting approved. But I’m not sure about another HP if you request a higher SL on your initial approval.
I applied last week and was approved for $5k. I called to ask for $10k and it went to UW review. 2 days later, I called again for a status update and it was denied due to too many new accounts opened, but it didn’t cost me a second hp.

Hmmm. Could it be a case of SP for denial and HP for approval? I've heard companies do that.

Message 6 of 17
imaximous
Valued Contributor

That’s a possibility, but I can’t confirm that. You could always call their UW department and ask for their policy on that. Whenever I have, they’ve been very polite and helpful. It won’t hurt to, at least, inquire before making a formal request.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Is it still a Sig if the limit is only $500? 

I too have been wondering this. Any response from OP or other $500 members would be awesome!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! 

Message 9 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I was approved for $500 in October, called and spoke with an underwriter and got it bumped up to $15,000.  My average credit line is around $19k so it was an easy conversation.  No additional HP.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.