Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

Hi All, 

So some of us have been playing with the US Bank prequalify website recently, and I got two cards for results (app process info posted here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Prequalified-Results/td-p/5059270 

I had solid APRs for 16.99% w/the sign-up bonus ($100 4 $500 spend) on the Cash+ and 365 AmEx. 

Applied Saturday 09/30 and got the 7-10 day message online. Called yesterday and automated line said "Congratuations You've Been Approved!" and called back today to get the details. 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card

Approved Limit $10,000

APR - 15.99% (even though my prequal was 16.99%)

**These were my stats as of app date. I have several new accounts but they have not posted yet so they saw a cleaner, less active version of my profile

Single TU Pull - Fico 8 783 (not sure if they used mortgage score, I'll find out when i get that credit letter)

• Inquiries < 6 Months = 3
  • Inquiries < 12 Months = 5
  • New Accounts < 6 Months = 0
  • New Accounts < 12 Months = 4
  • No existing USBank relationship
  • Never had an account with US Bank or affiliates (Elan)
  • This was the first time I received a prequal result on their website

Perks:

• 5.5% on two categories in Year 1 (drops to 5% at 13 months)
  • 2.5% on one category in Year 1 (drops to 2% at 13 months)
  • 1% on everything else
  • $0 Annual Fee

This IS my FINAL app for 2017 and won't be leaving the garden until next summer (if i leave the garden at all). I had read somewhere that when you get a prequalified offer (and it had some red banner) it was pretty much golden; I had no red banner on mine, just the standard prequal. Woo-Hoo!! 

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.53.16 PM.png

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

Congrats!! I didn't see a solid APR on mine l, as well as the "red bar" that was mentioned in other posts. So I'm not gonna bother. I'll wait till my score goes up 50 pts.
Message 2 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet. 🎈🎊🍾🎉🐬. You got a better APR as well. Congrats 

Message 3 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Red banner??

Congrats on the CL!!  Not sure if i want to apply with my stats:

TU 719

15 INQs

Oldest acct 11 yrs

AAOA 3.6

Message 4 of 79
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I passed on (2) bonified preapprovals for this card the past couple months.

Only yesterday ripped up another.

Nothing wrong with it, just not on par with my own schedule Smiley Wink

Congratulations on your US Bank Cash+ approval.

Message 5 of 79
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Huge congrats CIC on yet another solid approvals! You definitely inspire me my friend. I have this card on my radar but no relationship whatsoever with them so was hesitant to pull the trigger. With your approval I might just have the nerve to go for this one. Question though did you have your IDA/ARS on the rocks before the app?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Red banner??

Congrats on the CL!!  Not sure if i want to apply with my stats:

TU 719

15 INQs

Oldest acct 11 yrs

AAOA 3.6

I think score wise you're very close. I understand conservative to be in the 720+ space, what I'm not sure about is where US Bank's 'threshold' is. They offer secured cards too so I imagine their net is wider than we might think. Hopefully someone more versed about US Bank could help chime in. 

Message 7 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks CM7! Ripping up offers for money...sounds like a problem I could squeeze in my life LOL I know what you mean though, sometimes you almost want to find a reason to like it, but if it just doesnt fit, then so be it. I 100% agree with you on that

Message 8 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Huge congrats CIC on yet another solid approvals! You definitely inspire me my friend. I have this card on my radar but no relationship whatsoever with them so was hesitant to pull the trigger. With your approval I might just have the nerve to go for this one. Question though did you have your IDA/ARS on the rocks before the app?

Thanks Bruise! I feel like I've been gambling for 45 days now so my nerves are a bit shot and its time to cash out while I'm still ahead! I've never requested my IDA/ARS so if by default they are 'unlocked' then that was how USB pulled them. I've never requested a freeze on those nor have I ever seen my report from them. I actually had forgotten ARS plays a part with USB until you just mentioned it Smiley Very Happy I guess whatever they do have on file can't be all that bad

Message 9 of 79
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks CM7! Ripping up offers for money...sounds like a problem I could squeeze in my life LOL I know what you mean though, sometimes you almost want to find a reason to like it, but if it just doesnt fit, then so be it. I 100% agree with you on that

I have held a US Bank Card before closing one last year for 5 years so this is 100% normal procedure for those coming to me at this time of the year.

They soft the reports in August only usually but since they turned on the 0nline Preapproval site i noticed another for the first time in late Sept which explains why they sent another one out. They used to only mail those once and after a SP in August.

Something worth taking notice of for others who might want to try for a card with them.

Message 10 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.