cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ VS $10,000 Approval!!!

Congrats Credit is Crack! Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 79
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Us Bank is tough. Congrats!!

Message 32 of 79
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Thanks Credit! And you bring up a good point, I don't usually see much on this card and when I do it isn't littered with high limit stories (using $20k as the lower benchmark of "high limit").

Does anyone know any info about US banks credit exposure "parameters" or could one say they behave like BofA does, relationship heavy.. I wonder how high I can grow this card. I think a $50k exposure limit on cards would be in line with many others, but not all. Thanks for bringing that up Credit!

In 4 years I've opened 35 CC accounts--and a lot of them have turned out to be either slo-growers (which I can live with) or no-growers. So going forward if I do add any new cards I've made that part of my criteria in deciding whether to app for it or not---the ability to grow the card past $20K. I can't see this happening with U.S. Bank and me so I'm letting the offer slide....but it was nice to at least GET an offer from them for a change thoughSmiley Happy

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 33 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Good info Credit-hoarder. I hadn't gotten to the point of checking all details before applying, but I think I'm just about there now where serious long term growth plays a factor. Luckily most of my lineup allows for great growth and I was mindful very early on to not get sucked into low-limit hell by stacking the store cards. I have one left, my JCP and although it's Rewards aren't very useful for me, I think it's a sentimental thing lol which is odd because it's just a card, but JCP has a small place in my lineup permanently reserved for it, and at $10k, it's not doing any damage (that I know of).
Message 34 of 79
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks ItsPossible and Jerry!
Message 35 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Hi All, 

So some of us have been playing with the US Bank prequalify website recently, and I got two cards for results (app process info posted here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Prequalified-Results/td-p/5059270 

I had solid APRs for 16.99% w/the sign-up bonus ($100 4 $500 spend) on the Cash+ and 365 AmEx. 

Applied Saturday 09/30 and got the 7-10 day message online. Called yesterday and automated line said "Congratuations You've Been Approved!" and called back today to get the details. 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card

Approved Limit $10,000

APR - 15.99% (even though my prequal was 16.99%)

**These were my stats as of app date. I have several new accounts but they have not posted yet so they saw a cleaner, less active version of my profile

Single TU Pull - Fico 8 783 (not sure if they used mortgage score, I'll find out when i get that credit letter)

• Inquiries < 6 Months = 3
  • Inquiries < 12 Months = 5
  • New Accounts < 6 Months = 0
  • New Accounts < 12 Months = 4
  • No existing USBank relationship
  • Never had an account with US Bank or affiliates (Elan)
  • This was the first time I received a prequal result on their website

Perks:

• 5.5% on two categories in Year 1 (drops to 5% at 13 months)
  • 2.5% on one category in Year 1 (drops to 2% at 13 months)
  • 1% on everything else
  • $0 Annual Fee

This IS my FINAL app for 2017 and won't be leaving the garden until next summer (if i leave the garden at all). I had read somewhere that when you get a prequalified offer (and it had some red banner) it was pretty much golden; I had no red banner on mine, just the standard prequal. Woo-Hoo!! 

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.53.16 PM.png

Ok, thanks for pushing me lol. I did go for it and approved. See all my approvals here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Came-out-of-the-garden-ALL-approvals/m-p/50665...

Message 36 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

My EX just went to 699 (was 650s) and got the prequalified for Amex and the Cash+.  Cash+ is really tempting but I am currently gardening as I'm at 4/24 and really would love the Chase CSR although the Cash+ would actually be more money in my pocket.

Going to wait til November and see if Discover graduates and if Chase throws up fresh offers.  If not, I may seriously consider pulling the trigger, especially considering my FICO8 EX should go up another 15-25 in a week or two.

Message 37 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

My EX just went to 699 (was 650s) and got the prequalified for Amex and the Cash+.  Cash+ is really tempting but I am currently gardening as I'm at 4/24 and really would love the Chase CSR although the Cash+ would actually be more money in my pocket.

Going to wait til November and see if Discover graduates and if Chase throws up fresh offers.  If not, I may seriously consider pulling the trigger, especially considering my FICO8 EX should go up another 15-25 in a week or two.

Cool, but if you pull the trigger, be sure to report back...i'm too waiting to apply for CSR, but that wont happen until my ch7 falls in 10/2020.

Message 38 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!!

I saw your earlier post about the prequalify thread and I tried it myself. I'll make a separate thread (as not to hijack) to tell my long story, but I wanted to say that this really helped me out, so thank you and congratulations, again!

Message 39 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool, but if you pull the trigger, be sure to report back...i'm too waiting to apply for CSR, but that wont happen until my ch7 falls in 10/2020.

Yeah I'm patient.  The US Bank Cash+ card doesn't intrigue me all that much after I browsed the categories, though, and it isn't clear if I can pick the same categories each quarter or not.  The only ones I see possibilities in are clothing stores and department stores but Barneys isn't listed on either and that's the only store I shop at for off the rack clothes.  5% would be amazing there, if I could figure out how they code their main store and their Warehouse store.

All the rest are meh to me.  I guess groceries at 2% would be good once my Discover 2% first year expires in February, but I hope to get an Amex grocery card in the next 4-6 months if they bless me with a prequal offer.  All the other 2% and 5% categories don't apply to my spend so I'd be stuck using it only at a few places, but my Barneys spend is quite high.  The $2000 quarterly cap is pretty good to me -- $8000 x 5% = $400 a year.  If I can figure out Barneys/Barneys Warehouse coding, I'd probably get $200 a year just from there if they allow same categories each quarter!  

Message 40 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.