Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Approval - Update: $5,000 SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Approval - Update: $5,000 SL

As part of the recent app spree, I applied for the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card. This was on Saturday, Nov. 30th. The online application immediately went into manual review and I received the 3 business days message. I have been checking the secret underwriting line for status many times a day. I finally called in around 4:30 today and received the "Congratulations, you have been approved, your card will arrive in, etc." message.

I have to disclose that I have had US Bank as my primary checking account since 2015, and use it for paying bills and receiving income from employment. This may have contributed to approval, as I read that US Bank is very conservative. They pulled TransUnion, which I had 0 inquiries on prior to applying for the card. Very interesting as I've never seen a TU hard pull before.

Immediately, I called customer support at 800-USBANKS to request what the SL would be. They notified me that the card hasn't been entered into the system yet, and to check in 24 hours. I do not see it in my online account either, so I will just have to wait. I do not know if it is the downgraded "Cash Rewards" card mentioned here on myFico community, or the actual Cash+. Sorry everyone..

As for the reasoning behind this card, the only category I would really utilize at the moment is the 5% Fast Food. Utilities and phone bill may come in handy in the near future, but right now I do not pay for those through credit. The $150 sign up bonus is nice as usual.

I will keep everyone updated when I eventually receive more information..

Update: Online account shows $5,000 SL
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Approval - unknown SL

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 21
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval, you will totally love us bank and that cardSmiley LOLHeart

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 4 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A great card to have, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cash Rewards card used to be available as an alternative if you weren’t eligible for the Cash+, but I’m almost positive that card has since been discontinued.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the elusive Cash+ Signature!
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate it, upon further research I figured that out too. Any known way to see the SL other than waiting for the snail mail?
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your account should be available in their system tomorrow morning. I used to be a Supervisor in USB’s Cardmember Service and account information usually took 24 hours to register in the system. I’m sure things have since changed because it’s been 2 years, but I’d check in the morning.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the cash visa signature and I got the 7-10 days message !!
They hard pulled Equifax witch I have 11 inquiries 😖
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.